• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but I gotta ask

mamab

Registered Member
Is anyone increasing their minimum bids or putting a reserve on their fs items to counter the ebay fee increases? How are you recouping some of the extra fees?

Penguin

Registered Member
In my opinion, putting a reserve on tends to backfire. A lot of people will skip over auctions with reserves.

Raising the minimum bid would be more likely to be useful, I think.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Reserves usually aren't any good. Instead of putting a reserve, it's better to start the auction a little higher to begin with.

The only time a reserve is good is on something of significant value like a car. Even then though, if it's in good condition you probably won't need a reserve because you will get bids anyway and most likely sell for around what you were looking for. (No guarantees of course!)

Plumley

Registered Member
I've noticed prices going up a little but it's been steady. I figured it was just the marketplace. Buyers willing to pay more and sellers happily taking it.

kknight0506

Registered Member
well prices on some items are higher than the prices in the market.so now i look more thoroughy in the market for my needs