I have witnessed the pretzel

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Mirage, May 28, 2005.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Many of you know about the Virgin Mary Holding Baby Jesus pretzel. Well, I have witnessed this.

Today was Krista's birthday. Krista is the girl who found this pretzel, and auctioned it on eBay instead of eating it. Golden Palace of course won, and for a whopping $10.600. The family decided to give ALL (yes ALL) of the money to different charities, and Golden Palace decided that she should have something to keep for herself. Today, on her birthday we presented her with a huge $10,600 check, as well as a horse that she wanted and had been learning to ride for the past few weeks.

She had no clue that she was about to get a horse for her birthday, and of course the media ate the event up. It was a Kodak moment, and Golden Palace was right there in every picture. :)

Just figured I would share. It was a pretty cool event.

:D

2. Julie

Julie Registered Member

That is cool! Is there a link somewhere to see this or read about it?

3. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Wow Thats awsome im like tonyspoker is there a link. some where

4. Mirage

There will be. We just did it today. I will post it here when there is something up. :)

5. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Very cool! (and nice of GP)! Where did this take place? Did you get to go someplace fun?

6. Julie

Julie Registered Member

I must have missed this somewhere, but do you work with or work for Golden Palace?

7. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Thanks Andrew will be waiting for the post

8. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

Wow... the people at GP really do have heart it seems... they have already made a name for themselves, it's the little things like the horse not so much the money that I am sure means alot more to that family...

9. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

10. Mirage

Yes the family was very happy. They are really nice too, and had nice relatives and friends over as well. I had some good conversations with them about other high profile auctions :)

And yes I now work for GP. :D