• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I have three dating questions

Buddy

1. How do you tell what a girl likes in a guy (or vice versa) on how they dress, hair style, etc?

2. There is this girl I went to school with and I have her e-mail address. I e-mailed her once last year, but she did not answer. She really does not know me. I was wondering if I should try it again and how what would I say? That is why I was asking the first question.

3. This one is different than the 1st two, but is it ok to not date a girl on what football team she likes? Im like that, but hey.

LittleGlassVial

Registered Member
1. How do you tell what a girl likes in a guy (or vice versa) on how they dress, hair style, etc?
Simple: You ask. There's really no other way unless you either 1.) know them really well or 2.) stalk them to find out. And the second one is just creepy.

2. There is this girl I went to school with and I have her e-mail address. I e-mailed her once last year, but she did not answer. She really does not know me. I was wondering if I should try it again and how what would I say? That is why I was asking the first question.
That's really up to your best judgment. If it's been a year and she hasn't responded, and you don't see her on a regular basis anymore, then it might be a little weird. But you never know. That's completely up to you.

3. This one is different than the 1st two, but is it ok to not date a girl on what football team she likes? Im like that, but hey.
I think to judge someone based on one personal taste is a little shallow (no offense). It's not really the worst thing in the world, though. Quite honestly, it's entirely up to you.

Good luck with the girl you mentioned in number two, or anything else you pursue :)

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!

You can't simply read someone's body language and hope to decipher such info. The only way is to either ask them straight up, or stalk them online. (edit: LOL same idea as poster above me :lol:)

Why? Do you like her enough to bother? Why did you wait so long? If she didn't answer the first time, I'd say it's probably a lost cause. You've got nothing to loose by trying again though, just make sure not to come across as needy or keen.

That's a pretty lame reason, to be honest. Haha.

Last edited:

sb1732

Registered Member

I agree with the others who have replied. There isn't really a way to tell i don't think. Asking is probably the simplist thing to do.

If you like her and you want to get in touch, do it. There's nothing to lose really.

I'd say that if you really liked her, you'd be able to overcome that problem without a blink.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
1. Asking would work, but since you don't know her that's kind of pointless. From what I'm getting from your post you don't really have a chance to see her at all either. So hanging out with her and just learning by getting to know her is probably out as well. Asking would then fall into question #2...

2. If you emailed her that long ago and she didn't reply, she is probably not going to reply again. My advice, don't confuse infatuation with love. You are simply obsessed with her. It's pretty obvious that she doesn't share that same obsession.

3. It's up to you. Personally I could see not dating somebody based on more core issues such as differing beliefs and opinions on things that you care about... As for not being interested in somebody because they are rooting for a different team? That just means you'll have a good rivalry going when you watch games together. It could be a fun thing. It's one of the worst reasons to not like somebody though. And by one of the worst, I mean it's right there next to not liking somebody because they do or don't like a certain restaurant.

Bliss

Sally Twit
You wouldn't be able to know how they dressed from what they sounded like. You shouldn't even ask them how they dress either because that's a weird question. It shouldn't matter.
You'll never know what someone likes in a person unless you ask them.

You could try but I wouldn't overdo it if she isn't replying. How do you know she still uses that same e-mail address? You should look her up on Facebook or something.

I think that's a really dumb reason not to date someone. You're lucky she even likes football at all as most girls hate the sport.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
It's a very general question. it depends on every individual.

generally girls are not fond of email "lovers". thought it depends on how old she is. emailing and "expressing the love" is gonna make her think you're a spammer.

don't make me laugh now.
how old are you btw? i'm sure you're not older than 15.
oh c'mon.

Funk

Registered Member
1. If you fit the description of what she liked, I assume she'd have talked to you anyway by now.

2. I guess, but don't get your hopes up.

3. That's shallow.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Do a poll (include her in the respondents). It also varies. Like if someone asked me that right now, it's not even something I can answer right away. Some of us don't have strong preferences or specific criteria in terms of styles to find someone pleasant looking.

Are you sure you have the right email address? What did you tell her last year? I wonder if she was spooked by someone she doesn't really know, suddenly writing her an email. Don't you have at least a common friend for a proper introduction first?

Well, that's your choice. Personally, I think you should even be glad to find a girl who likes any football team. Some simply don't care about the sport at all.

Buddy

Ok, yeah on the third question. I ask the girl what*her favorite NFL team is and if its a team I dont like then I walk away (especially the Giants and Panthers).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K NFL 1
StroShow NFL 1
Babe_Ruth Baseball 7
Babe_Ruth Baseball 5
Babe_Ruth Baseball 2