• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I have become a laptop owner

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
This week I have become the proud owner of a laptop after eleven users of always using desktop computers. I still use one at work and I still have my desktops at home but I can't believe how long I waited for a laptop! I know it might sound daft to other Laptop users but I just love the freedom it offers.

For anyone who is interested the specs are:

2.2 Intel Core Duo Processor
4 GB Ram
320 GB HDD
Windows 7 OS
Onboard graphics but meh, I am not using it to game :):)

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
This is fantastic news, but what are we supposed to do with it!?!

dDave

V.I.P.
Don't laptops pretty much always always have onboard graphics? :lol:

Anyway nice one. I do enjoy laptops because I enjoy being able to sit anywhere while I use the computer. I will always be partial to desktops though, I enjoy having a huge screen, a nice speaker setup, and of course a real mouse.

I don't even use laptops for true portability, so far I haven't run my laptop on battery but one time and that was only for 5 minutes.

I Have an ASUS G73jh (look it up it's a beast) Welcome to Republic Of Gamers! - G73Jh

I just looked it up again and I didn't even realize that I had an overclock on command button :lol:

Someday I would like to get a macbook pro (for the durability and comfortable feel) from there I would delete OSX and install Windows that would be a nice laptop.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Well I was hoping people would mention how great and wonderful the decision was and how wise I am :D

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
Well I was hoping people would mention how great and wonderful the decision was and how wise I am :D
It was a smart decision to buy the laptop--but it would be wise to make sure it has a cooling table and good anti-virus. ;)