I Have A Question..

lilys_things

Registered Member
#1
I went to a sellers auction, that I sw on the Mystery Pulse.
And it had this icon of a winking lady and it said click here, I did, nothing happend..
Then a lil ways down in the text it said ENTER here if you dare, well I took it and I clicked it and it wanted me to sign in with my ebay user name in password, well I did not do that, I went to see if it was going to direct me to their other auctions and there was none, what is up with this? Anyone know?
 

doubles2004

Registered Member
#2
I believe that is a way for them to get your acct info. I wouldnt click anything or sign in .If you did i would change my ebay password and all
 

kromsales

Registered Member
#3
lilys_things said:
I went to a sellers auction, that I sw on the Mystery Pulse.
And it had this icon of a winking lady and it said click here, I did, nothing happend..
Then a lil ways down in the text it said ENTER here if you dare, well I took it and I clicked it and it wanted me to sign in with my ebay user name in password, well I did not do that, I went to see if it was going to direct me to their other auctions and there was none, what is up with this? Anyone know?
Report them to ebay immediatley. They are trying to steal your info!
 

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
#4
Most likely a tricky way to get people to accidentally watch the item. It asked for you to log in because you have to log in in order to watch an item... That's my guess.
 

lilys_things

Registered Member
#5
doubles2004 said:
I believe that is a way for them to get your acct info. I wouldnt click anything or sign in .If you did i would change my ebay password and all
I did not know if I could post the auction link on here?
 

1_ares_1

Registered Member
#6
doubles2004 said:
I believe that is a way for them to get your acct info. I wouldnt click anything or sign in .If you did i would change my ebay password and all
great little piece of advice!
 

lilys_things

Registered Member
#7
Forehead Guy said:
Most likely a tricky way to get people to accidentally watch the item. It asked for you to log in because you have to log in in order to watch an item... That's my guess.
That first picture they wanted me to click .. froze my pc up.. then I rebooted went back and finished reading and it said click if you dare, I clicked and it took me to the ebay log in, like those spoof mails.. I wasn't that stupid.
Can I post the link?

Nope it does not say that is being watched in My Ebay

It's that tatahh auction on the Mystery Pulse Page..*lol*
 
Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
#8
I just checked the links.. they are eBay links.. They just messed up when they made them. Nothing to worry about. The links might freeze your pc though but that's it.
 

lilys_things

Registered Member
#9
Forehead Guy said:
I just checked the links.. they are eBay links.. They just messed up when they made them. Nothing to worry about. The links might freeze your pc though but that's it.
Did you try to sign in? lol

I wonder if this is put on by GoDaddy.com to get action to their page? ~lol~
 
Last edited: