I hate vision prescriptions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, May 14, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Does anybody else hate the law that requires you to have a valid vision prescription before you can buy new glasses or contacts?

I need new contacts but I can see perfectly fine with my current prescription. Guess what? I can't get them anywhere without actually paying for a new prescription.

They certainly saw us all coming, that's for sure... :shake:

Seriously though, I think I will buy like 10 boxes of contacts this time around and be good for a few years. :nod:

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

it doesnt bother me to be honest really. Im always going into my optometrist with high hopes though. I've had horrid vision my whole life so every time I go in I'm waiting for the "wow Tommy you're vision has improved amazingly!". :hah: that hasnt happened any time soon though lol.

Usually I buy 2 boxes per eye, that lasts me for a year or so.

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

that's what i do hybrix cuz my script hasn't changed. the only bad thing is my eyes are different strengths so i have to buy double of everything.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah same here but I think that's pretty typical. By 10 boxes I meant 5 of each eye.

Really it's not like you are buying double though. I mean, each box is the same price regardless so if you use 5 boxes per eye and 10 boxes total it's the same as buying 10 boxes to use for both eyes if you had the same prescription per eye.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

not really though cuz i have 10 boxes of the same script i'd have them for twice as long instead of cutting that many years in half lol

6. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Wow, I had no idea they were doing that now. The last time I wore contacts, they didn't make me do that. But then again, the last 4 years I wore them I had to have the gas permeable ones. Those are uncomfortable.

So thankful for lasik. I still have 20/15 vision 5 years later.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I just discovered this "rule" myself when I tried to buy contact lenses for my stepdaughter. They asked us for vision prescription. In south of France, where my stepD lives, she said the optho doesn't require it so I'm not sure if it's a regional rule here in Paris or a case to case depending on the vendor.