I hate cell phones...

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by pro2A, Aug 3, 2010.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

You probably wouldn't even know I had an iPhone unless you knew me personally, or I told you.

My wife on the other hand will trip over herself to answer a call like she is Batman waiting for a call from the commissioner.... let the fucking thing go to voicemail! Especially when I am in the middle of something with her or having a conversation. She runs to her phone like it's gonna explode if she doesn't answer it in 3 seconds then spends 45 fucking minutes on it and when she is done she completely forgets or does not care about what we were doing/talking about previously.

She won't die if she lets a call go to voicemail, trust me, I do it all the time.

For the record, I do have an iPhone... but I did not have it surgically attached to my hand after I got it... for some reason she does. I don't get it :mad:

/Rant

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

It's a female thing.

3. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

I don't even have a voice mail.

People always comment on it but what they don't realize is I don't have it for a reason. Without voice mail, people I don't feel like talking to can't leave messages I do not want to hear and then complain that I never got back to them.

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I knew you had an iPhone.

For some reason, every time someone mentions their cell phone...especially if they are iphone or berry users, they always have to say it. It's not a phone anymore.

5. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Yah, I hate people who feel the need to reply to texts in the middle of a conversation. I'll glance at my phone when it vibrates to see I its something important. But I usually don't check the message or reply unless there's a lull in the convo or I've gone to the washroom or something.

6. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

:lol:

Your wife sounds funny. Let me marry her.
    But If I had a husband like your wife, I would've divorced him within a day.

NO! It's not a female thing. it's HIS wife thing!

pro2A likes this.
  7. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm a bit attached to my phone for texting.. As far as phone calls go though, I typically let them go to voicemail because I don't like talking on the phone very much.

Except I don't understand why you are saying people wouldn't know you had an Iphone except to mention you have an iphone.. Unless you are saying she is only obsessed with her phone because it is an Iphone. I'm attached to any phone i have, doesn't much matter what it is. I find guys seem to be the ones to mention what kind of phone they have more then girls.. But then again I don't hang out with all that many girls >.>

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  8. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Well an iPhone is more then a phone too. It's an iPod, GPS, internet browser, game console etc... as well. I think I mention it when it involves one of the above things... for example "I just uploaded 50 songs to my iPhone" or "I may not get wifi where I'm going to be, but I'll have my iPhone". That is why I make an emphasis on my iPhone... but still if someone calls I'm not tripping over myself to answer it. If I get a text I usually don't realize it for about a day...

I like it because it's a multi-purpose tool and it's rather handy to have.

9. fractal

fractal Eye see what you did ther

His issue is not her playing with the iPhone, but rather over prioritizing the calls.