• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I hate being picky

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
One of my biggest problems when it comes to women for me is that I'm really picky when it comes to looks. It bothers me so much, since I know I'm not the best looking guy in the World. It seems that I need to find a extremely good looking girl every time(unless I'm drunk), and can't settle for anything else.

Not saying they need to be perfect, but I have a picture in my head of what I need to have, and if there's one little thing that I don't like I'll usually pass on the opportunity. I think that's one of the biggest reasons why I'm still single today.

Is there anyone else here that is the same way?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I think in all honesty mate most people feel the exact same way you have just described its just that most people would not admit it. Some might see it as a bad thing or that it's wrong but why is it wrong? What is so wrong wanting to find someone who is perfect for you? If you are going to spend a significant amount of time with a person you want to know it is going to be someone you can live with day in and day out and not think "if I had only waited", maybe people would be happier if we were all a bit more honest.

Zenheizer

needs practice
Agree with both of you, but looks get much more attractive once you find that great personality. Sure set your scale at 8 and don't look back but if you don't take a dive with a nice 8.1, 8.2 and only scoping out 9.5s and up, then you're in for a long time of coming home to your pillow.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know if I necessarily have advice for you or not but I think you realize you have to be less picky and that's a good start.

With my last girlfriend I always thought she was kind of cute but as we began to talk and I got to know her more and more she seemed hotter to me for some reason and I can only imagine it was because of her personality. Personality matters, I truely believe that and I wouldn't date someone based solely on looks; I think it'll fail.

So yeah, I don't know what else to say. At the end of the day it's all in you to get past that. Obviously the first thing that will usually attract you to someone is looks, it's tough to get past that but if the personality fits then those are the ones you should key in on IMO.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Yes, I did feel that way. Having a nice looking boyfriend was a sign of my own worth. Eventually though you have to learn that being in a relationship is not about how they make YOU look....it's all about what you can bring to them.

Bliss

Sally Twit
No, I don't feel the same way.

I think you should go speed dating, Biz. I think you'll have a chance to get to know a few things about a few people, rather than passing up the chance just because they don't have the right amount of curves, or the right breast size.
If you sit and chat with someone, even for a few minutes, you might find something you are attracted to on a deeper level and look past that.
Of course there has to be a physical attraction, but maybe you'll realise it's not actually about looks for you.

You could have missed countless opportunities to get to know someone you would really like without realising it. I just think it might be a bit of fun for you. And you might learn some new things about yourself too.

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I don't think there's anything wrong with being picky. Actually I like people who are picky. I myself, am picky about looks and not only that, but also about personality.
I think perfection is a good combination of those two.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Maybe it's not such a bad thing. So you're picky about looks right now. But one day, maybe you'll meet someone who isn't perfect and realise you can't let her go (and for once you won't care if she doesn't match your picky requirement for looks). Then it's easier to identify that you've finally fallen in love with a girl - and not just crushing over her for something "shallow" as her looks.