I had an idea for Free Speech & Religion

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, Sep 18, 2008.

  1. pro2A

    pro2A Hell, It's about time!

    I had an idea. I think everyone should be licensed in order to speak freely and practice religion. Speech and religion can be dangerous to society because they can and have the ability to spread immoral and dangerous views. These are my ideas on a licensing system for the 1st Amendment. It's not a ban, just common sense measures to make sure everyone is safe. Tell me what you think.

    The application form MUST be typewritten and signed by you, and your signature must be notarized. Only the original application form will be accepted. DO NOT SEND A PHOTOCOPY. The application form must be completely filled out and presented by you personally at the License Division. At the time you submit your application, you must furnish the items listed below that are applicable to you. All documents, certificates, licenses, etc., must be submitted in the original. (A copy certified by the issuing agency as true and complete is also acceptable). In addition, a legible photocopy of each item submitted must accompany the original or certified copy. Originals and certified copies will be returned. Your application will not be accepted without the required documents.

    1. Photographs: Two (2) color photographs of you taken within the past thirty (30) days are required. They should measure 1½ x 1½ inches and show you from the chest up. The wearing of any article of clothing or adornment that obscures identification is not permitted.

    2. Birth Certificate: In lieu of your birth certificate, some other proof of your birth date, e.g., a military record, U.S. passport or baptismal certificate must be submitted. You must be twenty-one (21) years of age to apply for a Freedom of Speech & Religion license.

    3. Proof of Citizenship/Alien Registration: If you were born outside the United States, you must submit your naturalization papers or evidence of citizenship if derived from your parents. All other applicants born outside the United States must submit their Alien Registration Card. If you have lived in this country less than 7 years you must submit a good conduct certificate, or equivalent, from your country of origin and two (2) letters of reference that certify to your good character.

    4. Military Discharge: If you served in the armed forces of the United States, you must submit your separation papers (DD 214) and your discharge.

    5. Proof of Residence: You must submit proof of your present address. Proof may consist of, but is not limited to, a real estate tax bill, ownership shares in a cooperative or condominium, or a lease. You may also be requested to supply further documentation i.e., a driver's license, an Income Tax Return, or a current utility bill.

    6. Arrest Information: If you were ever arrested, indicted or summonsed for any reason, other than a parking violation, you must answer "Yes" to question #23 on the Freedom of Speech & Religion application and submit a certificate of disposition showing the offense and disposition. Also, you must submit a detailed, notarized statement describing the circumstances surrounding each arrest or summons. YOU MUST DO THIS EVEN IF: the case was dismissed, the record was sealed or the case was nullified by operation of law. The United States Division of Criminal Justice Services will report to us every instance involving the criminal prosecution of an applicant. DO NOT rely on anyone's representation that you need not list a previous arrest or summons.

    If you were ever convicted or pled guilty to a felony offense or a serious offense, as defined in Penal Law Section 265.00(17), an original Certificate of Relief of Disabilities, signed by a judge, must be submitted.

    7. Proof of Business Ownership: If you are making application for a Freedom of Speech & Religion or premises license for use in connection with a business, you must submit proof of ownership for that business. Such proof must clearly state the names of the owner(s), or, if a corporation, the names of the corporate officers. A Corporation must submit its corporate book to include filing receipt, certificate of incorporation and minutes of the corporate meeting reflecting current corporate officers; others must provide their business certificate or partnership agreement, whichever is applicable. You must also submit proof of address for the business. Proof may consist of a utility bill, not more than 60 days old, in the name of the business or a lease in the name of the business.

    8. Letter of Necessity: All applicants for a Freedom of Speech & Religion License and those seeking a Freedom of Speech & Religion license for use in connection with their employment MUST complete the Letter of Necessity found on page 3 of the application. NO SUBSTITUTES WILL BE ACCEPTED.


    - Made payable to the your the United States Government, must be paid by certified check or money order.

    Effective October 1, 2007, Civil/Applicant Fingerprint fees will decrease from $99.00 to $94.25, for all applicants that are fingerprinted on the Live Scan Machine only.

    Applicants who must be manually fingerprinted will submit a money order in the amount of $105.25.

    All fees are payable to the United States Government.
    The above fees must be paid separately.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2008

  2. Malificus

    Malificus Likes snow

    Ae you seriously suggesting people apply for free speech and religion?
  3. Major

    Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

    Yeah, I think that's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard.
  4. icegoat63

    icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

    Will this Free Speech license be recognized by all States in the Continental US? If not how might an individual obtain a license to practice their right of Free Speech in states that they do not reside in that do not recognize their domiciled state Free Speech Licenses?
  5. pro2A

    pro2A Hell, It's about time!

    Yup, is that a problem? I mean think about it... its not a ban, but just a measure to make sure no one is spreading dangerous ideals. If they do we know who they are.
  6. Major

    Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

    Doesn't that kind of go against free speech if something deemed to be "dangerous" is off-limits?
  7. Malificus

    Malificus Likes snow

    Fuck. I just got this.

    The thread is a mockery of restrictions on guns.
  8. pro2A

    pro2A Hell, It's about time!

    Really? Most ridiculous? Should these rights be regulated then? I mean its not fair that you can say something that might offend me, like they say, spoken word is the most dangerous weapon a man can use. I licensing system would reduce the hate speech in this nation.
    Funny.... you liberals had a fucking tizzy about licensing the 1st Amendment, yet have no problem with licensing the 2nd...


    Just sayin...
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  9. icegoat63

    icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

    Aw man that was classic, I got it the moment I read the first few lines. But then again I've spent time before reading Firearm Regs and Restrictions.
  10. Major

    Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

    Yep, everyone should be allowed to just walk into a store and purchase a gun whenever they want, no registration required. That'll solve a lot of problems. :rolleyes:

Share This Page