I Gots An Interview Tomorrow...

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Pugz, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

It's for a Placement, which means they get to test me out and not pay a thing until they decide to hire me; cause i'm claiming benifits. It's all part of this New Deal crap i'm going through.

So anyway, this job-sorry-'Placement' is looking for level 3 qualification cause they're looking for an MOT tester and seem somewhat willing to pay for the cost of the course (£600) for someone to be one; i have the level 3 but i haven't even thought about becoming a MOTer and i don't want to do it yet anyway...

And the job-'placement' is 2 bus rides away in an area i've never been to :mad:

...I fricken hate New Deal...

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

How long is the testing period (before they make the decision to hire you or not)?

3. Pugz

I don't know exactly, i think six weeks at the most. Best try to put people in placement with a garanteed job at the end but let's face it-if they don't like me during it then they can dump me.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

What if you don't like them? Will that affect your benefits?

5. Pugz

I have to have a good reason for leaving if i don't like it and i have to contact my New Deal 'tutor' before hand.

6. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Eek I'm sure you'll do fine, but thats kinda crazy.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Goodluck pugz. I hope it turns out to be something you like doing. Go impress them! :)

8. Pugz

Impress them? Ha, the last interview i went too they seemed far from impressed and now they've taken on my mate for placement; and he has less experiance than i do.
    ------
    I start monday, he seemed...overly impressed.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yay! WTG pugz

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Yay! *Glomps* Pugz you're awesome.