I got Vista!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Vidic15, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I got Windows Vista now

*dances* yay..Its fuking awsme..I love it...

I am jus bragging..Anyone else got it?

2. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

I haven't seen enough pro's and con's yet to say if I want it or not. Plus I haven't seen any reason to give up meh XP yet either since I still like it so much. But good for ya Alex, do tell us about it when you get around to playing with the program more!

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

No, and unless they remove the DRM part of the OS, I won't be getting it.

4. tipsycatlover

tipsycatlover Registered Member

What version? I've heard Home edition is just about worthless. Home edition premium is the better one.

5. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Are you talking to me when you asked this question or Alex?

6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I have XP for the desktop. I'm content with it, so I don't see a reason to change it yet. :3 But do as Kyo said and fiddle with it and find out the pros and cons.

7. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Vista's got some serious flaws. Mostly, it's that if you have older accessories when you upgrade, you'll never find the drivers to make it work. It also is a fairly big CPU hog compared to XP, and the security upgrades, while noticable, aren't really dramatic enough to deal with the massive issues on IE and other applications.

Plus, it's cosmetic upgrades approach plagirism of OSX.

Considering I'm looking to upgrade my PC from my four year old Dell (which, while pretty good, will start to not be able to play some of the newer games well like CnC 3), It'll come with Vista, but I may just switch back to XP Pro if I don't see any of its issues resolved.

8. ChinUp

ChinUp ยค Breathe

I suppose if you have the extra resources to spare .. great .. but I wouldn't use it yet .. like to keep the resource hogs to a minimum .. xp pro corp Sp1 is enough of a mess to be getting along with .. @ least I can use fixes that are easy to find because its not too new .. finding hand made fixes for vista has got to be a nightmare ..

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I got Vista Trasformation Pack.

So I got it for free