• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

wut I got this email and I was like whoa.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
Some of you remember me and some of you don't. My name is Barbara and I use to be a regular on these boards. Hybrix/Mirage emailed me to note that my name came up in a thread about past members who are missed. I have to say I was a little taken aback by the email and thought that it may be a good time to return. A lot has changed since I left the biggest being that I got sober. I have been sober now for 1 year and 4 months and I have to say that the experience has been eye opening and enlightening. Through that I have become much more humble and have striven to fix some of my other personality flaws. I want to thank everyone sincerely who had mentioned me in that thread and hope that you still enjoy the new me as much as you enjoyed the person I was.

To those that were less than fond of me I hope that you can give me a second chance. I am by no means that same attention seeking person. I have become comfortable in who I am and no longer require the approval of my peers. I know that you will have to see this through my actions and I am OK with that. Fixing relationships takes time and I am willing to put forth the effort.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hey, glad you decided to give us another go. A lot has changed around here since you were last here too. Congratulations on being sober for so long. That's quite the accomplishment.

Hope you find yourself back in the groove of things here soon enough!

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Welcome back Barbara! Its good you made some changes for yourself, and figured things out. Everyone needs time away and changes to be able to go through a growing period. Hopefully you'll find the new robust and improved GF a better suiting home! I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Welcome back Barbara. I definitely remember you. Isn't sober life great? Congratulations on that. It's a pretty big deal and I can tell just by this one post that you're a different person. Do stick around. It's good to have you back. I went through some changes myself while away from GF a while, so I can definitely relate.

myGUNgoesPewPew

Registered Member
Welcome back Barbara! Also, congrats on sobriety! I know how tough that can be...
I received a similar email from Mirage. I had the same reaction you did. Why not, right?!
Hope you stick around, and enjoy the updated boards.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Idis, did you use to have a different User name because my memory is a little vague? I recognize the color and font but I can't place the person. Sorry about that.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Welcome back, Barbara. I hope you stick around. Idi used to be CuriousGirlSA.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hi Barbara and welcome back. I wasn't here back then so I know you won't remember me. I do hope you will stay so we can become friends.

Congratulations on your sobriety.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
ZOMG It's CAPTAINOBVIOUS. . . and he's a mod? Alright buddy. Who did you bribe? No I can place Idis. Thanks for the help.

Hi Hilander. I hope there's only one of you as there can be on one.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Welcome back to GF and congratulations on getting sober. It can't have been easy, but I am sure you're in a better place.

I was 'Bliss' when you were a regular.