I got another new handgun

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by pro2A, Mar 24, 2010.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I know I am a compulsive gun buyer, but I only really coughed up $330 for this. It is a Hungarian FEG P9M .40 Caliber (Browning Hi Power). It looks cheap but it is rather solid. It's basically a Hungarian copy of the 1911 style handgun with the same frame and style, just not the parts.

Why you ask? Simple really... my wife had a hard time with the trigger pull on her Taurus, so I sold it and took the cash and bought this for her. Yes, it's her gun, but I bought it. She trusted me to make a right choice for her. I got it for her so she had an easier gun to carry that didn't feel like she was going to break her fingers pulling the trigger. She wanted something slim, powerful and with an easy trigger pull... this met all three.

It's semi-rare to find one of these in .40 caliber, most that I have seen are in 9mm. It was made in Hungary and used by their police department as you can see in the pictures, then it ended up back State side after their police department switched to the Glock. The previous owner bought it after the export and took great care of it until I got it.

I plan to get new better grips, possibly wood or rubber grips. In addition a custom holster for my wife and a few extra mags.

With a 1911/Browning style model, you can't go wrong :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not this is not me in the video... but it shows it in action :)

YouTube - Hi Power

2. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

Looks awesome dude, like the look of it.

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Very nice handgun man. Glad you got your wife something that has an easier trigger pull.

4. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

It looks really good.
    It's great you were able to find exactly what you were looking for.

5. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

Wouldn't she be carrying a concealed weapon then ???

6. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Actually Pro, that is a Hi Power. Like the 1911, it was designed by John Moses Browning, but Colt owned the patents for the 1911, so when Fabrique Nationale asked Browning to design a new handgun, he made the Hi Power. It does share basic semblance to the 1911, but operates with slight differences.
    Nice choice though. The Hi Power has been in service with European country for almost 90 years.

I'm still working on getting my FID though. I need to find a local gun club that has safety and hunter safety courses ready to schedule so I can get Hunter Safety and Firearm Safety certification. Though, I'm already thinking of getting a Mauser 98k for my first firearm. Its only 300-450 dollars at my local Bass Pro Shop.

7. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Yes. She has a License to Carry too...
    ------
    Re-read my first paragraph. I basically said what you just said.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  8. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I just noticed something else.
    That ammo your using, it looks like its galvanized. That stuff gets expensive man. What factory brand is it?

Oh, and that'd make a great zombie gun.

9. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

Nice & inexpensive to boot!

Now that I have my CPL I'm thinking of getting the new XDm 3.8 in a .40 what do you think about the XDm? BTW my carry is a KAHR PM9 which I like a lot.

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Cant say I've ever shot one. But I have been in the market for a 1911 style hand gun. I'm mostly looking at Kimbers though so I dont see this as one I'd add to my collection.

Still, if it werent for the fact I'm stuck inside the borders of this Right Stripping land we call California... I'd probably add this one just for the hell of it.