• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I got a job!

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
I am late posting this here, but I got a job about a week ago. I start this Thursday. :)

I'll be proofreading for a company called DynCorp International (DynCorp International - We serve today for a safe tomorrow). It is 90 days temporary with the HIGH probability of going permanent (they are already telling me what will happen with benefits, etc. when I go permanent). I will be proofreading government contracts and proposals (read: work will not run out). This is a great opportunity for something long-term for me. The drive is pretty bad (an hour each way). BUT, if it goes permanent, I could afford to finally move out of my friend's house and can move a bit closer to work (and friends).

This is especially great because I really need to money right now. We are completely broke. So this is wonderful!

Wish me luck! :D

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Proofreader, wow! What a dream job! I'm really happy for you, Nerdy. Be sure to tell us when it goes perm! ^_^

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
Thanks, dude! I'll keep you guys updated. Like I said, my first day is Thursday. So I'll be sure to tell you how it went. I hope well!

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
Kudos to you on getting this job! I hope everything work out for the best.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Congrats, Jane! Good luck. Did you ever decide on a company name, or does this mean you don't need to any more?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Congratulations Jane! I'm sure you'll do a great job and eventually you'll get the job permanently.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm way behind on reading this, it was posted when I came back into town last week...congratulations Jane! Sounds like a perfect job for you, lots of job security and maybe even some interesting stuff!