I got a job!

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by NINnerd, Jul 21, 2010.

1. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I am late posting this here, but I got a job about a week ago. I start this Thursday. :)

I'll be proofreading for a company called DynCorp International (DynCorp International - We serve today for a safe tomorrow). It is 90 days temporary with the HIGH probability of going permanent (they are already telling me what will happen with benefits, etc. when I go permanent). I will be proofreading government contracts and proposals (read: work will not run out). This is a great opportunity for something long-term for me. The drive is pretty bad (an hour each way). BUT, if it goes permanent, I could afford to finally move out of my friend's house and can move a bit closer to work (and friends).

This is especially great because I really need to money right now. We are completely broke. So this is wonderful!

Wish me luck! :D

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Proofreader, wow! What a dream job! I'm really happy for you, Nerdy. Be sure to tell us when it goes perm! ^_^

3. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

Thanks, dude! I'll keep you guys updated. Like I said, my first day is Thursday. So I'll be sure to tell you how it went. I hope well!

4. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

Kudos to you on getting this job! I hope everything work out for the best.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Congrats, Jane! Good luck. Did you ever decide on a company name, or does this mean you don't need to any more?

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Congratulations Jane! I'm sure you'll do a great job and eventually you'll get the job permanently.

7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Jane is a professional proofreader, lol. Congratulations!!

8. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

well done Jane!:DI hope you love your new job:nod:

9. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

That's really great news NIN. I hope it goes well for you

10. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I'm way behind on reading this, it was posted when I came back into town last week...congratulations Jane! Sounds like a perfect job for you, lots of job security and maybe even some interesting stuff!