• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I Give Up! Ebay/Paypal Monster Wins

1_ares_1

Registered Member
You may remember my whining a while back about a hateful buyer setting me up. Stupid Paypal is granting a 350 refund to that man who busted up his AWOL Hubby box, left negative feedback w/out contacting me, spammed my other bidders, sent me ugly emails, then had the nerve to demand refund. They didnt even let me explain to them other than the initial reply which had a limited amount of characters to type. Not nearly enough to explain what horrors this man caused. To hell with it. I'm going to try to close up the checking account and quit ebay. I will never pay that man for what he did. I got the email yesterday that they are letting him return the smashed box and I must pay him for it. I am absolutely furious that, with their extremely limited knowledge of what actually transpired, they think they can make this kind of judgement against me.

doubles2004

Registered Member
Oh ..Im sorry ares .. Is this the one we were talking about last week..You know what to do.

Mina

Registered Member
I'm so sorry to hear that... seems like ebay/paypal got a taste of power and think they are god now...

SamusAran86

Registered Member
well, its only the power you give them, which is one of the reasons I DO NOT accept Paypal payments. because its ripe for abuse. But it is one of the reasons I use Paypal to pay for auctions..

Its a double-edged sword, I know!

Basically, I would pull the account if you can, or all the money out of the account before paypal locks you out of it. Write them a nasty letter stateing whats happened along with all the "evidence" and if its not overturned, tell them you will take your auctions elsewhere!

wolvergambit

Registered Member
I know exactly how you feel. I had Paypal put the hold on the funds sent to me by a bidder on a man's ring I sold. He said the ring wasn't as described, even though I quoted the appraisal word for word. I contacted Paypal and sent them copies of the appraisal and told them that if they refunded him the money, I would close my paypal account and not use it on any of my future auctions, and they make a lot off me.
Luckily for me, the ruled in my favour and didn't give him the refund.
But it did make me more cautious about accepting paypal for high valued items in the future.

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
WOW Ares I am sorry to hear that too. Please keep us posted on what you do. I had something like this happen awhile back on those Disney tickets I sold for a friend of mine. my friend didn't send them out soon enough and the buyer waited a week and then filed a complaint against me on pay pal. She finally recieved her tickets and decided to keep them instead of send them back and get a refund. So I called pay Pal abouat it and they told me SHE would have to submit a Dispute settled or they would automatically refund her the money. Lucky for me she submitted to end the dispute, but had she not, she could of kept the tickets AND gotten her money back! I agree, anything I sell that is sold for alot of money will be paid for by money order NOT pay pal!!!

I hope you can get this settle in your favor. its just not fair!!

doubles2004

Registered Member
1_ares_1 said:
You may remember my whining a while back about a hateful buyer setting me up. Stupid Paypal is granting a 350 refund to that man who busted up his AWOL Hubby box, left negative feedback w/out contacting me, spammed my other bidders, sent me ugly emails, then had the nerve to demand refund. They didnt even let me explain to them other than the initial reply which had a limited amount of characters to type. Not nearly enough to explain what horrors this man caused. To hell with it. I'm going to try to close up the checking account and quit ebay. I will never pay that man for what he did. I got the email yesterday that they are letting him return the smashed box and I must pay him for it. I am absolutely furious that, with their extremely limited knowledge of what actually transpired, they think they can make this kind of judgement against me.
Ok ..Ares,, Thats two of us that have told you how to handle this .. Dont let them bully you.. Stand your ground with them.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Where have I been??? Are you saying that just on the word of one person, without even hearing your side, they are going to suck money from your account, YOUR ACCOUNT, and give it back to him??? What a crock of.....! :tough: Are they taking it from your Paypal or your bank account? I would be beyond furious if they tried this crap on me! My hubby is selling off some expensive machinist tools this week and it's all been paid through PP! If they are able to be a one man court and make rulings based on one parties side, then maybe it's time to go back to the snail mail payments! Let us know what develops.

nani1987

Registered Member
angelspeak said:
Where have I been??? Are you saying that just on the word of one person, without even hearing your side, they are going to suck money from your account, YOUR ACCOUNT, and give it back to him??? What a crock of.....! :tough: Are they taking it from your Paypal or your bank account? I would be beyond furious if they tried this crap on me! My hubby is selling off some expensive machinist tools this week and it's all been paid through PP! If they are able to be a one man court and make rulings based on one parties side, then maybe it's time to go back to the snail mail payments! Let us know what develops.

Boy I know how you feel, sorry this happened to you. They are jerks when they put a hold on your account and it shows a neg balance on your paypal. and if you win something you don't see the money it takes it away from the neg amount... it happened to me.... God was I mad......... so I know where your are coming from.......
oh update on the robbery on my car can you believe this:
the stupid 7-11 they went to take my money from HAD NO VIDEO WHATSOEVER. the store owner says the video is broke... so it like a calling card for all criminals to rob that store blind.....................urghhhhhh
haven't heard about the fingerprints yet...I am praying...though nani

Nanner

Registered Member
Yeah what angel said! That's what I was thinking. How can they do this and then limit what you are allowed to say in reply??????!!!!! It is a crock!!! Sure we all know there are sleezy sellers/buyers out there but one side a case does not make! Geeezzzz they really really should know better than that! Won't offer my 2 cents on what to do cuz it seems it's all been said but sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Ticked off for you!