I finally upgraded.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by dDave, Aug 27, 2010.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Well after using my ACER AL1917W 19" LCD screen for about 3 1/2 years I finally decided it was about time for an upgrade.

I just got a 23" Dell HD LCD 1080p screen, just using the computer for chrome is a pretty noticeable upgrade.

I haven't tried it with any games yet, but definitely will be just as soon as I can reconnect to steam (my internet is too slow right now to connect, it's been sluggish all day, not sure why)

I'm thinking about using a double screen setup (just to have some extra accessible space.) But I'm not sure about it, I'm really liking just this one big screen.

I'm liking this screen though.

Paired with My GeForce 8800GT 512mb card it's seeming like it'll run really smooth.

Anybody else use nice HD screens?

2. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

Nice.

I have a 24 inch viewsonic 1080p LCD, and as for the card I'm using a radeon HD5870. For me that's the perfect size, I don't think I would go much bigger (maybe 26 max) since I'm up in front of it.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Yeah ViewSonic is a super nice brand for screens.

There are very few brands that carry the same kind of quality (or better) than what I got I believe.

Apple
    Dell
    ViewSonic

In that order.
    obviously quality varies with each specific model.

I've tried HP, Acer, gateway, asus, and samsung. I'm yet to try LG though. This thing beats out pretty much everything I've ever used before, with a few exceptions obviously.