Movies I finally saw Titanic

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't normally wait 10+ years to see huge movies but for some reason I never saw Titanic until yesterday. I started thinking if Avatar was so awesome and Titanic was James Cameron's last movie it must be worth watching. For some reason I always thought it wasn't the type movie I'd like based on the types of people I knew who loved it (and those who didn't). That being said, wow, I can't believe I waited so long for this.

This movie was absolutely epic. The plot was really good and there wasn't a single actor in this movie that couldn't act. It is one of the most well done movies I've ever seen. The special effects were just as good as anything being made today. I really don't have any complaints about this movie except that I wish it was out on Blu-Ray already. Apparently Fox is saving it for later since it's their most popular DVD of all time.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I totally agree with you, the movie was fantastic. I didn't really care for the romance part of the movie but it was really well done.

The excitement really started after iceberg hit the Titanic, it was really entertaining and lots of action. Everyone knew how the ending would be, but it was really great in my opinion.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

It's the only movie i've seen twice. I've never done this with any other movie.
    If i saw it today, I'd still cry.

4. Mirage

Twice ever, or twice in the theaters? I see a lot of movies twice once they come out on DVD.

And Babe I have to disagree with you about the love story. I think that did a lot to show just how tragic the Titanic really was. While that story was made up it's safe to say there were a lot of stories like that that actually took place. There were a lot of people who survived the Titanic who lost loved ones because they couldn't make it into lifeboats. I prefer movies that have you emotionally connected as opposed to just enjoying action and special effects.

5. Babe_Ruth

I didn't say it wasn't good, I said I didn't care much for it. When I'm talking about the romance story I am talking about the love story between Jack and Rose, not the family that after to seperate themselves from their family. I thought that part of the movie was really good.

I loved it when we saw what pressure the lifeguards had to go through when the ship started sinking, I won't give to many details for people who haven't seen the movie, but they had to deal with a lot, and didn't have much to work with.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

That made me laugh. The "romance" is the back bone of the entire film.

7. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I actually agree with BR on this, I remember bringing it up in a previous thread about the Titanic but it's difficult to explain so I don't think anyone understood. I didn't think it was bad either, just.. yeah, I won't go in to it.

I liked the film but I haven't seen it in a really, really long time.

8. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not even sure if i've seen Titanic yet. I know we have it on VHS at home, but I don't remember watching it and and if I did, it made absolutely no impression on me.

9. Babe_Ruth

Once again, I didn't say it wasn't good, I said I didn't care much for it, meaning I prefered the action, and the excitement E.G.

Jack trying to escape after he was in the basement with the handcuffs

or
    When he met his friends downstairs and the people who worked for the ship didn't want to open the gate, so they took the bench and used it to break the gate

That's just the tip of the iceberg so to speak of the action that I loved from this movie.

10. Mirage

No pun intended I'm sure. ;)

And I don't know how you couldn't appreciate the love story though. I mean, movies like this really need to follow a few specific people or it's hard for the viewers to really connect and relate with the people in the movie.

One part I thought was really hard to watch was when one of the rich guys snuck onto a lifeboat. Later he watched as the ship was sinking and people were dying in the water. That actor did a great job of showing the emotional battle his character was going through. I could see it in his eyes that he was just tossing and turning inside over how he took the seat that somebody else should have had. He saved his own life but had to watch others die in his place because of it.