I finally got a new laptop battery

after 6 months, I can once again let my laptop be unplugged without risking damage to my computer. \o/

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Nice... Laptop batteries are not cheap either. Its funny 'cause my history instructor was just talking about how he bought a new battery for his daughters laptop and the darn battery itself was almost as much as what he paid for the laptop itself!

how much did it set you back?

how old was your other battery?
about 1 year and 3 months old when it died. I remember that I went to see if it was still under warranty and sure enough, the battery warranty only lasted one year. |:
Nice... Laptop batteries are not cheap either. Its funny 'cause my history instructor was just talking about how he bought a new battery for his daughters laptop and the darn battery itself was almost as much as what he paid for the laptop itself!

how much did it set you back?
about $60. The new one lasts about 3 hours.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
thats not that bad really, I mean not cheap by any means but still I've seen the Sony Brand Laptop batteries be upwards of 100-150 bucks. A flat out ripoff IMO.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
yeah I know I've seen them at Office Depot in the past and just gagged at how much they really are.

Fortunately I've had my laptops for quite a few years and never had any trouble with the battery life. My current "main" laptop is only about six months old, hah, I started to say "still new" but realized in technology years its probably already ancient :hah: