I finally got a new laptop battery

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Malificus, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

after 6 months, I can once again let my laptop be unplugged without risking damage to my computer. \o/

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Jizz related damage or wut? I dungerrit.

3. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

no, laptop batteries gradually lose the ability to hold a charge

4. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

how old was your other battery?

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Nice... Laptop batteries are not cheap either. Its funny 'cause my history instructor was just talking about how he bought a new battery for his daughters laptop and the darn battery itself was almost as much as what he paid for the laptop itself!

how much did it set you back?

6. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

about 1 year and 3 months old when it died. I remember that I went to see if it was still under warranty and sure enough, the battery warranty only lasted one year. |:
    about $60. The new one lasts about 3 hours.

7. icegoat63

thats not that bad really, I mean not cheap by any means but still I've seen the Sony Brand Laptop batteries be upwards of 100-150 bucks. A flat out ripoff IMO.

8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I use a Dell Latitude D820. The dell replacement batteries are either $135 for a 6 cell, or $155 for a 9 cell battery.

9. icegoat63

yeah I know I've seen them at Office Depot in the past and just gagged at how much they really are.

Fortunately I've had my laptops for quite a few years and never had any trouble with the battery life. My current "main" laptop is only about six months old, hah, I started to say "still new" but realized in technology years its probably already ancient :hah:

10. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Only three hours?

My macbook battery lasts at least 5 if I'm not doing a lot of downloading.