I f***ing hate mosquitoes

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I like squishing them as they bite you and watching the blood gush out. but otherwise they are just parasites and mother fucking banes of my existence.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Why bother saying this?

I thought this was how everybody felt about mosquitoes... Kind of goes without saying if you ask me.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Why bother saying this?

I thought this was how everybody felt about mosquitoes... Kind of goes without saying if you ask me.
Depends on the mosquito. Males are fine, they only require nectar and / or plant juices. It's the females which require blood, due to the fact that they can't produce eggs otherwise...for some reason.

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
The little bastards are specifically there to annoy us. Even when they're not sucking our blood, just their appearance is irritating. They're too big to ignore but too small to actually give damn about them and too small to hit them. Seriously, if all the mosquitoes went extinct, would anything REALLY be affected?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
The little bastards are specifically there to annoy us. Even when they're not sucking our blood, just their appearance is irritating. They're too big to ignore but too small to actually give damn about them and too small to hit them. Seriously, if all the mosquitoes went extinct, would anything REALLY be affected?
From what little research I've done just now, it seems that not only are they a food source for many plants and animals, but they're also one of the largest flower pollinators.

*EDIT* Also, see this.

They proivide food for many other species. I think form the tone of your question that you have a deep misunderstanding of ecology. Animals do not exist because they have a useful purpose for mankind, they exist because there is a natural niche which they fit into. They are part of the balance of the web of life. Although they seem like just one small insect, the combined weight of mosquitos is millions of pounds. What is the purpose of dogs, lemurs, poison ivy, and the extinct Dodo bird?

Last edited: