I dress how I feel!

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
-How much do you agree with this phrase?
-Can we dress whatever we want, whenever/wherever we go?
-Is the way we get dressed related to our character/personality?
-Do you judge someone by the way they get dressed?

Last edited:

k3rm0r

Registered Member
i do dress how i feel. Like a big hoddy if i feel like it, or a shirt if i'm feeling for it. etc.
I whould love to say that we can. But there are some "dress codes" that "normal" people will follow. Therfor it will be strange coming in a jogging dress'ish outfit to a wedding.. and stuff like that. But to some degree in the "normal" side of life yes we can. Except for some events were u should be dressed in a speficif way

In some sense it is. I do judge people in a sense on how they dress. Like if u dress baggy, tight, "slutty", etc etc. And it is usualy correct. But yeah they are sometimes wrong.

Yeah i do. But mostly to try and get a picture of how the person is. Like dressing baggy'ish i can asume she/he is into stuff like hip hop, maybe snowboarding/skiing, skateboarding. And that kinda stuff.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think there's boundaries you have to consider, but for the most part I agree with this.

No if there's a specific dress code at the place your going I believe you should respect it.

For a lot of people it is in my opinion.

Not really, but sometimes people do go overboard in my opinion.

-Depends, but mostly
-As Babe said, dress codes should be respected but other than that, people can dress however they like
-Yes, all decisions we made are related to our character whether they are an accurate reflection or not
-Yes, but not 'judge' in a negative way. I try not to assume too much about a person on first impressions but that's not to deny that it does happen

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think it's natural to jduge a person by how they dress. A lot can be learned about a person that way. Dress doesn't necessarily correalted with personality, though. I think it relates more with lifestyle than anything.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I think it relates more with lifestyle than anything.
I partly disagree.
There's a saying that goes in Albanian "Better know than have".
Which means if you know how to manage [in this case] your way of dressing, you can look 10 times better [even when you don't have enough money] than someone who has plenty of money but doesn't dress properly.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I see your point, and I agree with you to an extent. This just may be a cultural barrier.

I don't personally know anyone who tries to dress better than they can afford. Along those lines, too, is that I live in te mountains where most people dress for warmth. Style hasn't ever been much of a concern in my area. The people who do dress up don't seem to have any style: they just go to the store and by clothes that look dressy.

I was referring mostly to the peple who don't have very much money but choose not to have decent clothes. It bothers me. You can get decent, cheap clothes from Wal-Mart and be fine.

Interested

Registered Member

Actually, my friends always say that my style is very reflective of my personality. I always dress somwhat formally, and this is basically how I feel - I feel like I always have to look somewhat aggressive and am tense. I also basically wear only black, white or red. Black being the most often colour...

Well, I can dress anyway I want... Because they way I want to dress is accepted... Well at least in closer/surrounding cultures... (not sure if I understood the question correctly).

The way I dress is definitely related to my personality. I am strict and bosy. And this is the impression formal clothes usually give.

Yes. I judge on their hygiene and on the effort they are ready to put into things... About tidiness. If a person's clothes are all creased or dirty... Well then impression they have upon me is very poor...

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yes I most definitely judge people by how they dress simply because "We dress how we feel".

If you're looking to present yourself in a professional and responsible manner you'll do so in the way you're dressed. I mean its really hard to take someone serious at a meeting pertaining to a multi-million dollar job when they're dressed in Pajama Pants :hah: And that will also reflect how self centered they are, in that same particular situation how you dress most definitely reflects how much you respect or dont respect those around you.

At least in my line of work... How you Dress is most definitely important.

ArchAngel

Registered Member
personaly i will judge a person by the look,but i think its wrong tough,think about it
lets say homeless guy with ugly T-shirt you will think he is scary right?
well but what if he is the niceset guy you will ever meet

i know i sound a little hipocrit(sorry i think i miss spelled it)

but i do judge by the look even tough i dont think its right