I contacted a Radio Show!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Msbabedoll, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

I sent an email (calling might prove to be better) to a syndicated show they run here called the John Boy and Billy show. I told them of my situation and of my Auctions and why I was doing this. Told them it might be a good topic to discuss considering my husband was on drugs is the main reason why this happened to begin with.

I'm nervous about this though.......why, I have no idea, but I feel scared to death! LOL

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Nothing to be nervous about. :) It's just like talking on the phone.. Well, but there are thousands (and in some cases, millions) of listeneres as well. Just pretend it's a normal phone call and you will do fine.

I just did 2 interviews today and they both went great!

3. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

Great Job! Dont be nervous. I did one this am and it was awesome. They will make you feel right at home ;) Just enjoy it!

4. Msbabedoll

Thanks!! I hope they take interest in it!

LOL, thanks foreheadguy! You know how to make a girl at ease! hehe

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  5. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

Radio interviews are easy! Don't be too nervous. :)
    If that's all I had to do I wouldn't have been such a mess! lol

Did you have to do a radio interview on the "Bob & Tom" show? Not sure exactly where they are but I guess it's a funny radio show..
    I had to do that one in the limo on the way back from Chicago & they were kind of insulting.. But, I pulled it off & they ended up saying they were sorry for any distrespect because they didn't have the whole story.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  6. Msbabedoll

See that is what I am afraid of........What I am doing could be taken SO wrong......

I realize there must be alot of trust in giving money to a stranger.....

I guess I just need to have the frame of mind that I know what I am doing, and I am honest and true and not worry about it.....

Man if i really wanted to be greedy, I'd ask for 30,000 which would pay off ALL my debt! LOL.........

7. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

There is always bad with the good.. No matter how sincere you are there are people out there that will try to make you look bad but you know there are a LOT more good people out there that are understanding then there are bad. I wish I could post the 1000 or so questions & comments I had from my auction, The good outweighed the bad big time! but the bad were downright mean & nasty!
    Just tell your story, Anyone who has been in your shoes will understand, those that don't F'em...lol
    You're not doing it for them.. Right? Right! :)

8. Msbabedoll

Thanks! And you are right. Suprisingly I have not had any bad comments yet. Only one's I have had is where they second guessed my story simply because the obituary says he died of a sudden illness. Most the time that is how they word obits here.......would have been mighty tacky to of put murdered in the obit.....

anyway, I noticed my second Auction I had put up has had 263 views/ and it has three watchers........they are probley people from here! LOL

I'm hoping the radio people will think this would make great radio.....
    We'll see!!
    I'll keep you all posted!

9. nani1987

nani1987 Registered Member

Hi I am nani still new here, andrew told me about his site and I am finding out alot I should of done before.........listing. man, some of the stuff you all find are Like where the heck are these things I haven't seen them.
    I have one question for all I have done and auction recently gp bought it. But during that auction, I must of had 20 neg emails about it.. I have MS and in a wheelchair, and I had several radio interviews that were like talking to a friend, but what discourages me some are the neg emails....... does anyone get these on your auction.
    I hope my new one don't get any more i got one because i mispelled one word... I am not perfect..... the people these days will find anything i guess. so what you all think?