I can't always rep

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by CaptainObvious, Jun 4, 2010.

1. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Yesterday I couldn't rep PC and now I can't rep Ccup. Anyone else having this problem and know why this is happening?

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Can't say I've noticed that. What happens when you try?

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

What error message are you getting?

4. CaptainObvious

I just click on it and nothing happens.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

And it's only happening with those 2 members so far, but you can still rep others? (feel free to test it out on your lovely mod helpers in this thread :madame: :p)

Maybe it's something to do with the database errors and glitches we've been having. I suspect there's not a lot we can do about it to be honest. We were going to contact dDave this weekend when he's around to see if he can help with some other problem (which has been resolved now) so I'm sure this issue will be mentioned.

CaptainObvious likes this.
  6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Haha, yeah I was about to suggest he tries to rep us :madame: (coughgreencough).

If nothing happens still, can you try right clicking on the rep button and you should get the options to open it in a new window or tab. Choose either and see if it works.

CaptainObvious likes this.
  7. CaptainObvious

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

The right-click doesn't work either? Or did we just post at the same time and you haven't read it yet?

9. CaptainObvious

Ok, I right clicked and opened a new window and it worked, thanks!

And I just repped both of you:D

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yay! Our efforts paid off. :hoorah:

I wonder if it's happening to others too. Maybe it's just your browser and you have to close and reopen it. Anyway, at least you can do the right-click method meantime. :)

Barbara likes this.