"I can only do evil"

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by FutureTrackStar, Dec 16, 2009.

1. FutureTrackStar

FutureTrackStar Registered Member

Consider this scenario:

A man traps you (somehow) so that all you can do is speak, and he is the only one who can hear your words. The man says to you, "I am evil. I can only commit wicked acts." He continues, "I am going to commit a wicked act within 2 minutes. Which of these wicked acts would you have me commit:" He then lists 5 obviously wicked actions, one of which (let's call it action A) is clearly the least evil.

How do you respond?

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

But which is the least inconveniencing, which has the lowest body count, which has the least victims? I need more information than which is the most or least evil.

3. FutureTrackStar

- Alright...

list of actions:

1. Murder 1 million people
    2. Murder 500,000 people
    3. Murder 100,000 people
    4. Murder 10 people
    5. Rob a convenience store after it closes and everybody leaves.

4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Can I specify the convenience store?
    ------
    Oh, can I specify the people?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    Jeanie likes this.
  5. FutureTrackStar

- Oh please...

Each sample of people was a Simple Random Sample from the human population, and follow a normal distribution (in terms of every characteristic, like wealth, morality, health, beauty, etc.)

The convenience store is an average convenience store, with average employees and an average manager.

6. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Alright, fair enough. Can I watch?

7. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I thought action A would be the least evil? Not 5.

Mal's asking all these questions because the question itself is rather vague; you should have listed the scenarios beforehand.

8. FutureTrackStar

- You can watch if you wish, but you can't move because you're trapped.

And no more questions concerning the details of this scenario will be answered.
    ------
    - OH PLEASE! Your missing the forest for the trees. Action A just so happens to be the 5th action that he lists!

The scenario was as specific/vague as was intended by the OP. You can answer it or you can continue to question it's validity without getting any answers in return.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  9. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

We can't specify the store?

At all? Because, when you think about it, robbing a store which it making lots of money is not as evil as robbing a corner shop barely making enough to stay in business.
    ------
    Also, what if the people being murdered turned out to be baby rapers?

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Go on then, I'll chose no.5, if there's bad consequence to me not picking any.

*brace position*