• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I bought pirated kaspersky codes from ebay...

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
So, I heard Kaspersky was an excellent choice when looking for virus software. When I had previously purchased Norton Internet Security, I got it off ebay at a very reasonable price...so I went back to ebay for Kaspersky.

I bid on Kaspersky Internet Security. I expected to get the disc mailed to me. When I emailed the seller to ask a question he told me that he would just give me the activation code. Me, being the naive person that I am...did not realize that it was pirated, and didn't think anything of it.

So, when I got my new computer I tried using this code on the software that I downloaded from Kaspersky's website. When it didn't work, I sent Kaspersky an email asking them why it didn't work, since I had only used it once and you are allowed three uses.

They informed me that my code was pirated and that it had been blocked, and that I should contact the seller for a refund.

I have emailed the seller requesting a full refund. I haven't gotten an answer back yet, but I just sent the email this morning.

My question is this...is anyone familiar with ebay or what my options are in this instance?

I bought the code at the end of February.