• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I beat you to it Ice

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I got the Mosin today :) It's a 91/30. Soviet surplus. Since my wife took the camera to work today for whatever reason I won't have pics up til this evening or tomorrow. A little history about the Mosin. Link

пехотная винтовка образца 1891-гo года

It was carried during WWI, the Russian Revolution, and by the end of WWII over 17,000,000 1891/30 rifles had been manufactured and used in defense of Mother Russia. The 1891/30 was the main battle rifle used by the communist forces in Korea against the UN Allies and was found on many North Vietnamese during the Vietnam war.
Here are a few stock photos and a video about it. Enjoy.

History Of The Mosin Nagant - Video

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I should have my 91/30 bayonet in soon, if not this week then next. Chances are I wont get my hands on a Mosin 'till next year. Even if I went out and bought it today I still wouldnt have it 'till '09 :hah: California's 10 Day waiting period....

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
10 days... lol. Our waiting period is as long as it takes to get off the phone with NICS. :lol:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Going to buy mine in about an hour. I was waiting for Big 5 to post their sales of them in the paper and voila... today I crack open the paper to see a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 Russian Surplus Rifle Reg-$179.99 Sale-$89.99

After some running around I'll make the trek on over to Big5 and cash out my $25.00 Vanilla Visa pre-paid gift card and hopefully that sucker will remain around 80 something!

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Now ain't dat the purdiest thang I eva did see.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Tomorrow Tomorrow! I pick up... My mosin! its only uhhhhhhhhhh day..... uhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Looks just like mine. Did that 10 days cool you off from your murderous rampage?