I am Married to an Educated Woman!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yourwebcrafter, May 10, 2010.

1. yourwebcrafter

yourwebcrafter Registered Member

My 41 year old wife just received her Associate of Arts Degree in Business Diploma today so now I am officially married to an educated woman :D

I just received the last grade in my final class yesterday and did the final paper work this morning so my Associates of Arts Degree in Information Technology will be here in about 2-3 weeks :thumbup:

We both start on the 18th she is going for her Bachelors in Human Resources, I switching over to my Bachelors in Psychology, planning on moving on to Masters after that and hopefully end up as a college professor.....

The big deal of it? My wife dropped out of high school...she took a course and got her actual diploma about 4 years or so ago, I dropped out of high school and joined the Navy....after I got my honorable discharge I boogied over and got my GED...that was centuries ago it seems....now after all this time we are both College graduates and continuing on for even more :headscratch:

2. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Good on you both. Its very rewarding to succeed in education. Its a big leap and takes a lot of courage to get back in it as well, its all to easy to just plod on with whatever careers you might or might not have.

What kind of Professor is the end goal?

3. yourwebcrafter

Thank you very much!....my 22 year old son is now attending college and my 22 old step daughter who dropped out of high school and ran off and got married is taking the same course for a high school diploma as her mother did...I told her I would pay for it as long as she kept up the effort and passed...she is doing excellent so far....so even with out our actually receiving our degrees just the motivation and examples it has given to our kids is reward enough to be sure......

I won't get into my political views here or any of those types of things....but I really would like to be a positive influence on kids in college and help them see outside the box that is being formed around them so many times......If I do not teach psychology I would love to become efficient enough in Philosophy to teach. Either of those subjects I think would be fun to teach in

4. JessEpiphany

JessEpiphany Registered Member

That's great to hear! Congrats to both of you. :)

5. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Interesting subject and equally tough, far to much reading for my liking. Im hoping to get into teaching too and will graduate this year. I'm feeling hopeful for a job Ive just applied for at the university, its not in teaching but its a step in the right direction, plus they said if I get the job they will cover the costs for my phd as well as long as it is in a particular field. :D

My reasons for going into teaching are a little difference to yours....
    ..they have a fantastic pension scheme here and it looks a lot easier than working in the industry

ysabel likes this.
  6. yourwebcrafter

Awesome! Good Luck!....I am going to have to go that route myself the loan amounts are piling up really fast by the time two of us are down with Bachelor degrees then I head on to Masters.....I was actually considering the possibility of taking on some counseling jobs if I can find some either at the school level or even the Hospital Psychiatric branch if they have any openings on the lower end. Writing a good book that is insightful is something I would like to do...just have to find someone insightful to give me the ideas :-o

Another reason I was considering the teaching at college level....the benefits and security are a good attraction :)

7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Congratulations to both of you!

You keep tiptoeing around your political beliefs, now I'm very curious...

8. yourwebcrafter

Hi there! Nice to meet you :)

I was raised to have pride in my country, to be accountable for your own actions, that a person is defined by their actions, not by their talk or ideas.

I have many beliefs actually, one is that you are only owed what you are willing to give...the social contract of the individual is a good example...I am registered as a Republican but do not believe in voting a party line, you vote on the person and their potential to bringing things closer to your beliefs, if that person happens to be an Independent, Libertarian, Democrat, or Republican so be it...

I believe that everyone deserves the same opportunity to be the best they can be. Not a promise to be given what they think everyone else has. I also believe given the support and opportunity everyone is capable of being great at what they decide to do.

Perhaps not the best rant on the subject but just wanted to spurt it out there quickly for you :D I know this isn't the political forum, but at least hopefully a few will know me better...whether they like me or dislike me well..:cute:

Hope I didn't offend anyone....if I did, you are probably wearing your feelings to close to your shoulders :lol: Another belief I am just as entitled to hold my beliefs, opinions, and practices as everyone else is, I provide that right to you and ask no more than you provide it to me as well.....

Thanks for the support Jeannie! I hope we get to chat more...I really am liking it here, the people are great so far :sailor:

9. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm glad you like it here so far. We have a wide range of political, philosophical, and spiritual beliefs among our members but we all manage to get along for the most part.

10. yourwebcrafter

Great...I will definitely be heading that direction more probably....it is my experience as well for the most part, even when people get into extremely heated debates they are able to look beyond it and even become the best of friends because of their differences...so all is good for sure :nod: