I Am Getting a Boston Terrier!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, it's official. I am going to be taking a female Boston Terrier off the hands of a friend of mine. He and his wife had a baby and have another on the way and the little hyper dog wasn't quite working out with the kids.

Their loss, my gain. :D Plus, apparently they don't like the dog because they think Boston Terriers are ugly. :shake:

I actually posted about wanting one a few years ago. :nod:

This guy lives in Nebraska so I'll have to make the trip out and get it. It will be either mid June or early July. I'll see if I can get some pics to post in the meantime, but I'll definitely post some once I get it.

It's a fairly small one. Here's a pic that looks similar:

Needless to say, I am pretty excited!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's awesome Hybrix, I know how much you like pets and you'll be a great owner for this new dog of yours.

Have any ideas what you'll call him? Or you'll just keep the current name he as right now?

How old is this dog that you're getting?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's awesome Hybrix, I know how much you like pets and you'll be a great owner for this new dog of yours.

Have any ideas what you'll call him? Or you'll just keep the current name he as right now?

How old is this dog that you're getting?
She already has a name. She got screwed though and was named after the former Nebraska Corn Husker coach Bob Devaney. Her name is "Devaney", but I am thinking of shortening it up and calling her "Vannie", which really wouldn't be a confusing switch for her at all. She probably wouldn't even notice. :lol:

She is about 3 years old, so she probably has a good 13 or more years left.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wonder why your friends chose this breed if they thought this was ugly, in the first place?
He got it from his brother. They weren't allowed to have a dog where they lived so they gave it to my friend, who also has another dog. The other dog gets along with their baby just fine though so it's no problem.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Aww. Those are such adorable dogs. Congrats Brix.
A guy in my complex actually has one and I think they are so cute, I barely even notice the owner (who is pretty cute himself, if I can recall from before he got Cuba).

I am sure you will be very blessed with Vannie's presence. I have a terrier (Yorkshire) and Echoes is right, they do bark a lot, but they have more personality than most dogs, so enjoy every moment of it!