I actually need help

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
Ok, for those of you who may know me, I'm a animal nut. And for others who know me, I'm a stubborn, manipulative bastard. But there's only one more person in this world more stubborn that me, and that's my father.

I want you guys to help me come up with and build an argument against my farther so he'll finally let me get a pet. I don't know how many times I've tried to convince him, but even I can't.

Thanks,
Nos

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Tell him that you are bored, there is nothing to do on the net and when you are alone at home, there is nothing to do, and when you are bored, take the pet for a walk, it depends if it's a dog.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Mkay. You can say that you want a career doing something with animals and having a pet would be beneficial to that.

Also, tell us the arguments that he uses against you. So I can come up with counter ones.

First off all keep your room clean at all times. Show that you're responsible by getting homework and chores done.

And then use the arguments stated by the other members.

I

indieinmich

Now I am not suggesting you do this,but when i was a kid my mom didn't want any pets.
Id just sneak them and then give them to her for gifts.
Sometimes it worked and other times it didn't.
I feel for you though.
I am an animal lover and my mother wasn't.
These days now that I have my own place I have three dogs one cat one rabbit and two fish.
I am still somehow sneaking animals in to my mothers though.
I have a little sister who I bought a rat and rescued a dog for.
Unfortunately I never found an argument that worked,only force sometimes.Dads are tougher.
I wish you luck.

Hinata

La Coquette
If you have been taking care of your responsibilities and you want him to allow a pet in the house I would go for a caged animal that can possibly be in your room. One not allowed to let wander you know? That MAY make him think you are really reliable not only take care of yourself but also another creature. But this means you will have to buy the pet, its cage, its supplies, food, doctor visits, clean after it, etc. At the same time still handling everything that you do round and about your home.

After that if it works out, start in on something that will not only be just around you but the family as well. Such as a dog... etc.

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
I had two cats and a dog..when I was little. I could barely whip my own ass, but my dad expected me to walk something twice my size. She would take me for a walk. The cats were easy to take care for, but sadly they both passed away young. Also, now I have two aquatic turtles, they're cool, but I just wanted something "more".

I would love to have another dog or cat, because now I actually know what do to, and I can use the extra exercise walking the dog. My dad is just fucking anal and talks about how bad they smell (which they don't) and how it's a hassle. He says this even though he never takes care of him (which he never would). It's just really fucking retarded. My ultimate goal is a animal I can let run around, but I've been also looking around for other caged animals. Possibly rats, gecko, or even a tree frog.

Well, as for your dad thinking dogs smell (cats are way worse on smell btw, but I'm more of a cat person myself), if you have a backyard how about you suggest an outside dog....well...granted if its cold out he might be inside, but also say that the inside part would be temporary

Iris

rainbow 11!
I had two cats and a dog..when I was little. I could barely whip my own ass, but my dad expected me to walk something twice my size. She would take me for a walk. The cats were easy to take care for, but sadly they both passed away young. Also, now I have two aquatic turtles, they're cool, but I just wanted something "more".
Mkay, tell him that. Say that it wasn't fair for you then because you were so young and wasn't able to take care of said animal. Tell him that you are older and more responsible than before. You REALLY want to have a career involving animals and that having a pet will only be beneficial. Also say that you take full responsiblilty for the pet.

I would love to have another dog or cat, because now I actually know what do to, and I can use the extra exercise walking the dog. My dad is just fucking anal and talks about how bad they smell (which they don't) and how it's a hassle. He says this even though he never takes care of him (which he never would). It's just really fucking retarded. My ultimate goal is a animal I can let run around, but I've been also looking around for other caged animals. Possibly rats, gecko, or even a tree frog.
Tell him that you will wash dog/cat once a week and change the kitty litter once a week as well. Make sure that any kitty litter the cat may drag out of the box is vaccumed up. Also put the dog out three times a day and make sure the dog/cat is fed everyday. (If you have a cat, limit it to one bowl a day. It will eat everything you give it. So if you leave two bowls full of food, expecting it to last about two days, it won't. Plus it will get fat if you do that.)

Hope that helps.