• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii U Hyrule Warriors

dDave

V.I.P.
We pretty much all expected for the next Zelda game to be the adventure we've all been seeing in the advertisements. As it turns out, there has been another Zelda universe project in the works that was revealed recently. I think we're going to be getting this one before the official new Zelda title.

10 Characters We?d Like to See in Hyrule Warriors - IGN

Hyrule Warriors. If you have played Dynasty Warriors then no doubt a game like this is very familiar to you. The title suggests that there will be a whole bunch of playable characters although Link was the only one in the demo. It looks like a very fresh approach to one of the oldest franchises in gaming.

I think this game shows a lot of promise, Nintendo needs to play their cards right though.

Thoughts on this?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Nintendo is obviously just trying to milk their most popular franchises, and it looks like Zelda is going the way of Mario now. Too much of something is never a good thing. One of the things that made Zelda always seem so special was that the games were few and far between. There was a long build up and anticipation. Now it's just like "Oh look, another Zelda game." What good is Thanksgiving dinner if you have it once a week?

dDave

V.I.P.
Nintendo is obviously just trying to milk their most popular franchises, and it looks like Zelda is going the way of Mario now. Too much of something is never a good thing. One of the things that made Zelda always seem so special was that the games were few and far between. There was a long build up and anticipation. Now it's just like "Oh look, another Zelda game." What good is Thanksgiving dinner if you have it once a week?
Old reply that I missed.

I don't think Zelda is going the way of Mario. How many games exist that have Link in them? It's not very many. He appears in every Zelda game and a couple of Smash Titles as far as I am aware, nowhere else. This game looks like it will be a welcome change just to add some variety and lots of new concepts to the world of Hyrule. It seems like we get more games featuring Mario every year than we have games featuring Link in total.

First Details, Images of Tecmo Koei?s Hyrule Warriors - IGN

The game is coming for an August release in Japan and I'm sure NA, UK, and AUS won't be far behind.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I wasn't interested in this at first but after reading more about it I've become convinced that this might actually be worth my time. The latest batch of images only reinforces this. Impa looks so damn cool, and I can't wait to see what the other playable characters will be!

dDave

V.I.P.
I've secretly always wished for a Zelda game where you got to play as the characters you see in the series rather than just Link. I don't think this game will be quite how I envision that but it's the biggest step in that direction we've ever seen. I'm hoping that I find this game to be enjoyable. I never played Dynasty Warriors so I'm not 100% sure I will like the way it feels to actually play.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm sure it will play out like the other Warriors games. Fun for a short period of time and then it will fade out. I've always had a soft spot for Warriors Orochi so I'll probably try this, even though the play style does not match Zelda in the slightest.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I'd never even heard of the series until this iteration of it was first unveiled, so yes, I'm still skeptical as to whether it will be my cup of tea. I'm hopeful though. It really does have a pleasing amount of polish to it, and it does sound like there might be some actual depth to it in terms of being able to upgrade playable characters and their gear. Hopefully we'll find out more at E3.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'd never even heard of the series until this iteration of it was first unveiled, so yes, I'm still skeptical as to whether it will be my cup of tea. I'm hopeful though. It really does have a pleasing amount of polish to it, and it does sound like there might be some actual depth to it in terms of being able to upgrade playable characters and their gear. Hopefully we'll find out more at E3.
I'm just waiting for them to announce that this game actually WAS the Zelda title that we heard was coming for Wii U. It wouldn't even matter if the game was good at that point, Zelda fans everywhere would be so upset :lol:.

I think this game might be the gateway into getting a lot of Zelda fans into games like Dynasty Warriors.

And yes, the polish is definitely noteworthy.