• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hypothetically Speaking

Dabs

Registered Member
Say you meet someone from the internet......not in person (just yet)..but in a forum, such as this..or a chat, or a message board...etc.
And you and this person might start out friendly but soon it becomes apparent, you loathe each other.
So you bicker back and forth, calling each other names, being hateful and ugly.
They are the type of person that if you ever were to meet them face to face, you'd like to beat the shit right outta them.
So...now.....one day you are sitting at a lonely roadside restaurant, you are traveling alone...and a stranger strikes up a conversation with you.
You and this person have the best talk, share some laughs..and it helps pass the time, since you are traveling..you are bored..and meeting another someone that made you laugh is just what you needed.
As you are leaving....the stranger suggests maybe you should 'keep in touch'......you agree.
They give you their name and email address...at which point you jokingly laugh and say "Hey, you don't happen to be so&so from a certain forum are you??"
They respond with "Yeah, that's me!"
Whaddaya do now?? :lol:

Reactions: Doc

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
you punch them in the FACE, of course.

dur. like that needs to be asked.

seriously though, apologize for being an ass and let bygones be bygones.

Reactions: Doc

Raos

Registered Member
Simple. If we are now getting along then I would continue to get along. Why hold a grudge just for holding a grudge? Of course I would spit in his Coke when he was not looking.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Make friends. There's no reason to base your entire opinion of someone off of your internet friendship.

If I make an acquaintance I rarely get more than their name if they aren't somewhere close to me. I like the mystery.

Dabs

Registered Member
I would be surprised, to say the least...but then, I would shrug it off and go about my merry way.
But you have to admit, that would be some shit ~LoL~
Stranger things have happened I'm sure.
They probably wouldn't even look like what you were thinking them to look like!

Hiei

The Hierophant
I have a hard time truly hating people that I meet online. The only person on this forum that I really ever got into it with, (I think, anyway), is AngelsPeak, and I'd still love to have lunch with her. People are so much different online. I'm actually a very positive, talkative, charismatic, friendly kind of person in person, so I can't imagine anyone that I can't get along with. Online or off.

Even in the hypothetical, I know that I'd have a great talk with them. It would be weird to randomly run into someone that I knew online, in person, without planning it, though.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
As Raos said, doesn't matter what happened as long as we realized that there was a chance that we might get along.

Internet is Internet and there's nothing like the real life. Some people's purpose on the internet is to share negativity but it turns out that they are different in RL.
So I'll keep in touch with the person and forget about the stupid times on messenger/forums.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I would slap the table, exclaim "Holy crap!" and buy him or her a drink to toast to unbelievable freak chance.

Just because we disagree does not mean we cannot be civil.

Dabs

Registered Member
I would slap the table, exclaim "Holy crap!" and buy him or her a drink to toast to unbelievable freak chance.

Just because we disagree does not mean we cannot be civil.

Now that ~LoL~..would be a great thing to do!!
Even tho, you might actually scare the shit outta the person when they find out that you are....who you are :lol: