• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hypothetical question. Today's medical science.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Hypothetical question. Today's medical science. No vaccines exist. A drug solution is required to make people immune to a dangerous virus. What would be the logical point of administration to activate the immune system with a virus remedy?
1. Through the skin?
2. Orally through the digestive system?
3. Inhaled through the respiratory system?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
"Virus remedy" is very vague and really the most effective method of administration depends largely on the mechanics of the drug being administered and for that matter the nature of the virus. If the drug is intended to trigger an immune response, it would seem to me that the respiratory system would be a good way to go. If the virus triggers an autoimmune response within the body, then the introducing the protein attacked by the body to the digestive system would effectively turn off the autoimmune reaction, or at least significantly diminish it (As is done with Mylan in MS patients).

- Cham

Rapier

V.I.P.
Bingo.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Aren't we already having a vaccine discussion thread? Why did you make another one?

Rapier

V.I.P.
It is a question being posed to forum members. Appending it to a current thread would make it invisible to posters not following the thread.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
So you're openly breaking the rules because you think people who are interested in anti-vax whackery will not go into that thread looking for this discussion?

Your logic is not very sound. Not to mention, it's a pretty vague post that makes very little sense. Care to explain it a bit more?

Rapier

V.I.P.
So you're openly breaking the rules because you think people who are interested in anti-vax whackery will not go into that thread looking for this discussion?

Your logic is not very sound. Not to mention, it's a pretty vague post that makes very little sense. Care to explain it a bit more?
The_Chameleon saw fit to respond to the question. If you had your way there would be no vaccines conversations. Your bleating is an attempt to stifle open debate and sharing of views.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
MOD POST: Keep this conversation civil or I will close the thread.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Is my use of the word bleating uncivil? How about the fact that he was purposely disrupting the thread?

Rapier

V.I.P.
There's always an authoritative overtone from the pro vaxers in these discussions. It's that they are the messengers for science and its medicine. Here's a thought. If a vaccine or a drug has a very harmful/serious side effect, possibly death, what's preventing you from suffering that side effect?
LUCK?