Hypnotisation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EllyDicious, Sep 24, 2010.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you believe in it?
    Have you ever been hypnotized? Do you know anyone who has?

I was watching a show about German talents and there was this man who hypnotized a few guys, even the member of the jury.
    I still wonder if it was real.

2. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Hm, I'm not really sure to be honest. I've never had it done to me and I've never seen anyone have it done to them in front of me.

I guess it could work, but I don't believe it could work in just one sitting. It would take alot more than one sitting to make people believe something or do something when a trigger word is said because isn't it just a way of controlling people's behaviour patterns.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

every year at the Fair there is a guy that does a Hypnosis show. Kim and I usually watch it and there are times where we kinda think its plotted and then there are others that arn't.

For example, every year there always seems to be the same exact amount of people that cant be hypnotized. They go up on stage with the group, and then the hypnotist makes them get off stage when he puts everyone to sleep or whatever.

I've never personally known a person that has done it. So I have no insight on what the experience must be like.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I believe it, I've seen it once and it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. It works on some people, and not on others. If I had the chance to be hynotized I would definitely do it. One of my friends got it done to him(I wasn't there to see it) but he said it worked on him, and there's no way he would lie about the things he supposedly did while he was under the "spell"

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I've never had it done to me before, but I think it's something that works if you want it and let it work. You have to have the mindset that it will work.

6. PhoenixOverdrive

PhoenixOverdrive Registered Member

I find it funny that many people here have very strong beliefs about hypnosis when they really don't know what it's about. I've been hypnotized and I've hypnotized. Heck, I'm building my future career out of therapeutic and generative use of hypnosis.

People go in and out of trances all the time, though it's mostly light ones. I could enumerate a lot of myths and facts about hypnosis, but you can find them quite easily on the web. Some of it is dead wrong, but I don't expect you to believe me over them.

Trance can be achieved in lots of ways, and you can do just about anything with it. Time distortion, hypermnesia, hallucination, phobia negation, pain control, body control (heart rate, blood pressure, you name it), and tons of other things. Anything the brain controls you can get control over through a trance state. It's about suspending your beliefs and allowing yourself to gain control you never knew you had over your mind and body, rather than the typical image of someone telling you things as you follow instructions like a puppet.

I'm talking about one on one overt of conversational stuff here, though. Stage hypnosis is for show and there are loads of things going on that have nothing to do with a one-on-one interaction with a willing, unwilling or uninformed subject. That's right, there are ways to hypnotize anyone regardless of mindset or beliefs.

The trance state is just that - a state. It's something we do naturally that can be enhanced, a tool, and a versatile one at that. Hypnosis is about inducing and utilizing a trance state, and the possibilities are limitless.

7. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Do I believe that people can be hypnotized? Sure.
    Do I believe these hypnotists that do it for entertainment value are the real deal? Definitely not.
    I've seen someone being hypnotized in a more private and relaxed setting (there were only four of our friends there and one friend who was a professional at it hypnotized another friend). I don't believe that the friend that was hypnotized was a good enough actor to fake the shit he did. It was actually freaky to watch.

So yes, I believe hypnotism is possible, I just don't agree that everyone who claims to be able to do it can honestly do it!

8. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I have only seen shows on Tv and heard some tell of how they went to some seminars, to get hypnotized to stop smoking or something.
    I always wondered if it worked, but never seen the people after the fact to ask them~

9. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Hmmm... not sure. It kinda works, but not in the wonky make-someone-do-whatever-you-want stage show kinda way. Then again, I haven't tested it that throughly...

[​IMG]

You Will Rep EI After Reading This Sentence. Look @ the Spiral And Ponder This.

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I don't believe in it. The only way I'd believe it is to have it done to me. I'd never pay for it, though.