Hurt feelings... not OT

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by fairyquadmother, May 18, 2005.

1. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

Hey.

Someone saw my laptop ad and wrote me. they noticed that I was from NWMO and asked me where. I saw their name and saw that it was the same town as me. I said "Oh, small world, me too"

She asked if I was a college student, she was a mom trying to make some $$. I said no student, I was a mom making money too.

She asked how long I've lived here, she's lived here her whole life. I said "I moved here to marry my ex in 1988. Just trying to qualify my statements before I know who you are. LOL".

See, last year, I divorced my husband of 16 years. He's lived here his whole life, and is very "adored" by the community. In reality, he's no fun to be with.... ppl didn't have to live it on a daily basis. He's made me out to be a psycho to a LOT of people :(

she wrote back and told me her name, and I wrote back and told her my name, and said "Your name sounds familiar, do you work anyplace else?".

Keep in mind this banter went back and forth over just a few minutes.

As soon as she found out who I was, she stopped responding. *sigh*

Sucks living in a town where everyone thinks that your ex is some gd "god". Oh folks if you only knew!

stupid thing to get hurt feelings over I guess.

2. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

No its not, and people are just plain ignorant! I would try to ignore her stupidity. What business is it of hers anyway what went on with you and your x? That should have no bearing on her talking to you.........People like that just relaly get under my skin!!

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Sounds like you were the lucky one here. People who judge on rumor rather than content aren't worth your time! We all know you're a great person and we'll talk to ya anytime you want! :D

4. lostmymindwith5

lostmymindwith5 Registered Member

Yeah, what she said!!!

5. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

aww, don't worry about it.. Morons are everywhere!

6. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

It sucks being reminded on a daily basis that everyone loves your ex (thus believes his bs).

Of course, this may be my own paranoia coming into play too. sheesh, maybe she had to go to the grocery store!!

Thanks all, if someone doesn't like me because of crap my ex has said, or because of rumors (my ex started) then you're right, they are morons. I found out real quick who my friends were anyway. It just sucks being reminded again and again!

I wish I could MOVE!

7. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

Small towns have A--holes too? hahaha! I guess we can't escape them, even online. But we like you! And although almost invisible, we're pretty cool friends to have! :D smile girlie and have a fun day!

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Almost invisible? Hmmmm...Can I pick my invisible parts?