• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hurricane Jeanne

SamusAran86

Registered Member
well it seems like 2 of the 3 sites now show it not going to hit anything...

well that could be good news

Rabs

Registered Member
Yeah it kind of looks like it is supposed to turn back toward the Atlantic. That will make the storm stonger, but if it continues to move away from the coast that is good news. They can always change direction though...

SamusAran86

Registered Member
currently Jeanne is only a Tripal Storm and its looking like it wont make landfall as a hurricane unless something drastically changes...

only time will tell

EDIT

Jesus Christ... just take a lookie at these 2 current projected paths
(since they are constantly changeing, Ive uploaded the picks to my webspace)

http://members.cox.net/nfreak_99/Jeanne_weather.jpg

http://members.cox.net/nfreak_99/Jeanne_NHC.gif

all I can say is wow, If it does what Weather thinks its going to do,(first link) it will turn back into the Atlantic...

If it goes what NHC thinks it will, it will turn into the Atlantic and make a complete roundabout while gaining power (second link)

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Currently Jeanne is heading ESE back out into the Atlantic, but I anticipate that it will make a complete loop and head back toward the United States in the next couple of days. The longer it stays in the Atlantic, the longer it has to gain intensity.

Only the next couple of days will tell. Most forcast from before stated that Jeanne was going come ashore in the U.S. by this time, but it turned back to sea.

The last report I saw was that Jeanne killed more than 600 in Haiti. It was only a Tropical Storm when she did this, because of heavy rain and flooding.

Rabs

Registered Member
Yeah this cane is doing very weird things. Not sure what will happen with it. But Hurricane Karl is right behind it and is very strong, yet they aren't sure where it is headed.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Ive come to the conclusion that this hurricane is friggin drunk...

Its currently moving southwest?

also they arent really worried about Karl.. They are more worried about whats behind Karl... Tropical Storm Lisa... and possibly another one formeing behind that..

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Jeanne is again moving West and has her eye on Florida. From there it is a guessing game. Forcasts show that Jeanne will hit Florida MainLand and then turn north and head towards South Carolina.

I think that they have already had a lot of rain and probably don't need anymore.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Officials are telling people who live on the East Cost of Florida to get prepared. Some areas have already been ordered to evaculate.

This will be the fourth strike from a Hurricane this season.