• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hurricane Dennis

Nanner

Registered Member
Anyone here in the path? I know a few of you are in the Orlando area.....what are you hearing?

Everyone in the "sunshine" state (and AL, MS, LA) please stay safe and check in when you can!!!

Last edited:

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Thanks Nanner. I am in northern Mississippi so about the only thing that might come out of this storm that would be dangerous for us would be tornados. I was worried about my daughter though, but they started home yesterday. They were in Destin Florida.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I can't imagine going through that once, let alone twice within a year. How does anyone down there afford homeowners insurance???

BTW did you know your homeowners policy almost always excludes natural disasters??? It's too late now for anyone in FL to purchase additional insurance, but anyone living in an area prone to these situations....don't assumed it's covered, because it's probably not. Review what your covered for before it's too late!!!

My best wishes go out to anyone preparing for this new threat!

1_ares_1

Registered Member
You know... Djebay lives in Houston. I'll have to be sure to check on him later...

Are you sure you got the name right though?? Are you sure this isn't "Hurricane Denise"? heehee...

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
Thankfully I have not fully unpacked my suitcase from coming home... Im just gonna keep it packed until Dennis passes. I added some extra clothes for hubby and if we need to go to a shelter we are heading to his office. *sigh* I really dislike hurricane season.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
1_ares_1 said:
You know... Djebay lives in Houston. I'll have to be sure to check on him later...

Are you sure you got the name right though?? Are you sure this isn't "Hurricane Denise"? heehee...
Dennis is my alter-ego! :)

Iggy are you in FL.......geez what a mess!

dize

Registered Member
I'm in Palm Beach County Florida. South east Forida. It was rainy & windy but not hurricane type weather; thank goodness.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I wish all you in Florida well and good luck....I hate to sound bad but...
There is one good thing to come from the Hurricane.....Good Surfing.!!

Are the waves cresting at 14 or higher?

~Best wishes to all who are there~

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
dize said:
I'm in Palm Beach County Florida. South east Forida. It was rainy & windy but not hurricane type weather; thank goodness.
Can I be nosy and ask how hard it is to get insurance down there? I've heard horror stories from clients who have moved up here from FL.