Hunting

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by ExecutiveChefMatt, Aug 21, 2009.

1. ExecutiveChefMatt

ExecutiveChefMatt Registered Member

I looked through the outdoors forum and didn't see too many threads on huntin'.

Where are all yall hunters?

Whats the biggest kill yall've had?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I haven't ever gone hunting. I'd like to though. I would like to go deer or elk hunting eventually once I have all the right equipment and some free time to learn the ropes.

3. Arcadoc

Arcadoc Registered Member

I don't believe in hunting for "the thrill of the hunt", or mounting trophies, or any other reason such as that. I only hunt when I need to fill my freezer. It's just me and the Mrs., so I usually harvest only one deer per season. There are plenty of deer that walk through my back yard, so I really don't see a reason to buy permits. I just step out on my back porch, take aim........ Then I clean it and pack it into my freezer.

4. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I've never hunted before. I would definitely try it, though. I'd want to hunt something big though, not a something like a bunny. How sick would it be if you had a bear skin rug, and YOU killed the bear? :>

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I've been hunting with a few of my friends who are into it, but on the times I went with them we didn't get anything worthy of mentioning. Last trip my friend went on though he bought back a wild boar and we're going to put it on a spit roast once summer comes round.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Hunting for any reason other than food is barbaric. It's not something I'll ever do.

7. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I hunt squirrels with my BB gun. If i where legal, I would take the proper lessons and get a hunting permit, as well as a rifle permit. Deer, turkey, and wild cats all roam through the back area I own. Though, I have taken on plenty of squirrels, as well as a rabbit with my bb guns.

8. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I used to hunt a lot but haven't had much time to in the last few years. I've hunted deer, javalinas, wild pigs and white-wings. The biggest white tail I've shot was a 12 pointer.

9. Moki

Moki Registered Member

I rarely hunt these days. I'm more of a target shooter now. Trap, Skeet, and Tin Cans...good fun.

10. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I regularly hunt deer, turkey, rabbit and squirrel. I want to get up to Maine sometime and go moose hunting. I hear it's a blast. I mostly hunt what I will eat. It's probably why I stay away from the water fowl and pheasants. I hear duck and goose are good so one of these years I may head down to Maryland to duck hunt.

Look in my profile pics, there is a picture of my doe from last years hunt.