Hunting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

As everyone knows people like to hunt, some hunt ducks, deers, birds ect. You can pretty much hunt anything these days. Now I was wondering what were your thoughts on hunting. Does it bother you, if so please explain what bothers you about it. If you don't mind hunting please tell me why you don't mind it.

Major likes this.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Unless it's done solely for survival than I am 100% against hunting. Hunting for pleasure or so you can hang a trophy on your wall at home is selfish, barbaric, and disgusting.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Doesnt bother me... but then again I grew up in a family that does its fair share of hunting (although not so successful).

The only time that hunting bothers me is when you get the "elmer fudds" who are foaming at the lips to kill anything they can. The kind that would kill a "wet" sow bear, doe, etc. Poachers are among the scum of the earth.

4. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

My stepdad used to go hunting. He'd get one deer every fall. We'd grind it up and mix it with hamburger meat to make dear meat hamburgers, and meatloaf. It was pretty good stuff.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

People who badmouth hunting tend to believe that humans aren't animals.

But that's just me.

icegoat63 likes this.
  6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

As long as you eat or consume your kill I dont have a problem with it. Hunting for sport? I'm not for it. But I am not adamanant about it.

7. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

If you want to hunt go for it, but make sure to use up what you kill or give it to someone that will. My dad has hunted his entire life and quite enjoys it. I was going to go with him when I was a teenager but scheduling never worked out. People have been hunting since man was created and even we play a part in the life cycle and control of population of wild animals. Without humans to weed some of the animals out, they get overpopulated and end up going through starvation cycles to get their numbers back in check, we might as well kill and use up some of them instead.

8. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

The only thing that bothers me about hunting is cleaning out a gut shot :curse:

Otherwise I go hunting every fall. :nod:

Deer, turkey, rabbit and squirrel. I've never hunted ducks or geese. I want to tho.

9. spike2937

spike2937 Registered Member

Hunting for sport is just horrible

I don't understand why you'd want to do it

10. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I will only shoot what I will eat. I don't shoot to kill... it's actually illegal to shoot and leave the animal there to die. If you shoot it you must harvest it and either give it away to be eaten or eat it yourself... Nothing like real wild turkey on Thanksgiving :D