Hunting Debate

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Doc, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Aaaaaannnnd

Go!

This is meant to be a continuation of a chat topic.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm 100% against hunting except in survival situations. Killing animals when it's not necessary is cruel and barbaric.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Why I hunt:

1. Food
    2. I don't hunt for "fun", or anything I wont eat
    3. It's natural, humans and animals have hunted for years.
    4. It's part of natural selection (the food chain).

You can't get mad at nature, it's just the way things are. Cruel is a coyote eating a deer alive... which actually happens in the wild. Quick and painless is a shot to the chest.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I don't think you (Pro) should be proud of killing an animal and your reason for doing this is to stock up your freezer. You have money to buy food - I'm sure you're not poor if you can afford a gun and ammo for the gun. You also have children which you said you want to follow in your footsteps.. I find that pretty disgusting too.
    "Hey kids, it's OK to have guns so long as you're pointing them at deer."
    Why? Why? Why?

I'm surprised you don't know why so many people get upset by this.

What are your reasons for doing it.. Were you born into doing it?

5. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Bliss you'll never understand why I do it, nor why millions of Americans do it. We're from two totally different cultures. And yes, I hunt for food. It is A LOT cheaper to bag two deers then to keep buying steak all year at the store. The way they kill cows is a lot more inhumane.

You think I'm some sick fuck because I am going to raise my kids with a healthy respect for guns and hunting. It's a way of life here, its normal.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

In principle I'm not for it. When I think of hunting, especially in the modern period, I think of a group of people doing it for pleasure/thrill/status play or other reasons more than for the necessity. Sport and trophy hunting come to mind. However in practice, I suppose I'm an end consumer of products that required killing of animals (who knows in what way there were killed) and even the knowledge that I benefit at their expense (their death) hasn't made me vegetarian or stop using leather, etc. So maybe I'm not against it enough. :hah:

7. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

How is hunting a deer to stock his freezer more inhumane/wrong/horrible than buying a cow someone else killed in a slaughter house? The fact of the matter is, to get meat to eat, an animal has to die, why is one way better then another (as long as it's not tortured)?

As long as you follow the rules and either use what you shoot or give it to someone that will use it, I have no problems with hunting.

Bananas likes this.
  8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

As long as the animal is not in danger of extinction and you're killing them in order to use them, I see no problem. Why? Well, for one I think it's hilarious that as human beings we call killing other animals cruel or wrong when we rape, mutilate, and disfigure each other on a daily basis and when you hunt the animal usually dies without even noticing since it's so quick. Newsflash, people are barbaric.

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Me too. In theory I don't really like the thought of killing animals, but it is natural, and if I was against hunting I'd have to be against the slaughter of animals fullstop. I prefer how they are quickly shot dead in the wild than how they are kept in factories and ... well, all the different ways they kill these days. And how they are treated beforehand as well is sometimes disgusting.

10. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Most animals are there to be hunted or farmed. It's okay to hunt for food and pest control.
    A big issue in the U.K is 'Fox Hunting,'

[​IMG]

People say it's 'pest control' [which it can be if done in a humane way] but it's actually a barbaric sport for the rich and dignitaries. When a pack of hounds catch the fox, they rip it apart, beyond recognition.

I don't even like fishing for sport. Why they hell would anyone want to fish all day, then have to put the fish back after they rip a hook out of it? The only time you should put a fish back is when it's young or pregnant so you can leave room for future stocks.