Humans - Good, Evil, or just Survivalists?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Chaos, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you believe that humans are good or evil? Or perhaps that they just do whatever is needed to ensure their survival??

What are your thoughts on this?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Good and evil are subjective terms. We're all survivalists, we do what we can to get by but that's clouded by the terms "good" and "evil" and we've actually decided what is wrong and right when it comes to surviving which if you think about it is kind of silly.

3. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

The human race sucks ):, All we do is destroy, create something and get killed by THAT, The commoner, can't fight without a weapon, In historic times ONE man could take a bear or saber tooth tiger, Now is all just aim and pull a trigger, Evil lazy bastards.

4. Chaos

This is true - Humans are bastards :)

Beserker :cool: who needs weapons? My rage is all I need. :nod:

5. Hanzo_Hattori

BUT call me crazy , I think I have a canine in me :D

6. Merc

We make things more convenient, definitely. Also, in historic times, a man could take a bear (definitely not a saber toothed tiger, I'm pretty sure they were huge) because learning to hunt was part of life. Now we get the green crazies coming after anybody who even thinks about harming an animal.

Let's not get into furry discussions, that's approaching the creepy border of my mind.

7. Hanzo_Hattori

I mean by instinct, I act like a dog, I'm loyal, Love meat, *can howl* etc etc, I do loads of things a dog does, just not............:-o, I made more than 40+points that i have a"Canine" in me :D

8. Chaos

**HANZO LIKES IT ROUGH, DOGGY STYLE** :lol:

I've got a demon in me (though not in that way) :) Hence Berserker style :cool:

Nah, I could take one. Have done too. Why d'you think they're extinct ;) Hehe

9. Merc

Like I said, let's avoid the inevitable furry conversation :lol:

Is anyone on here enough of an optimist to believe people are born good or enough of a pessimist to believe people are born bad?

10. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

I think sorta the opposite here. I think people who "do what they can to get by" and ignore society's norms are "evil". Also I think most people fit under that category, so I guess i think people are inherently evil.

I see what you mean cons, but I think we need definitions of wrong an right if we are to have a society, as opposed to...nothing.

Fucking ew.

:D