• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Human interaction..

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is human interaction changing before our eyes?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
It has definitely changed!

Nowadays we're all over social networks, on the phones, chatting and writing...and face to face communication is fading away. As a result, people are getting colder. Even when we're sitting at a table in a bar, we're more concentrated on Viber/Whatsapp, rather than on the person we're supposed to interact with.

We don't write letters anymore, instead we use e-mails.
This is a crucial way of how we communicate to express our wishes. I miss those warm hand-written postcards.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
We are more connected to each other than before but the connection is more superficial.

Technology and social life are linked. A person is more likely to interact with you if you have FB - if not, you miss a lot of what's happening, society and group chats, invitations...

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
People don't get together like they use to except on the internet. I think people are losing their social skills and I agree with Elly they are getting colder. Instead of focusing on the people around them they are on their cell afraid they will miss out on something.

I've read stories where people were on a first date and one couldn't stop texting or stay off the phone. To me that would be rude.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I think human interaction is okay. It's more human attention I am worried about. I see a lot of my friends and people my age just can't do one thing anymore, they need to distract themselves. My roommate can't just sit and watch a TV show or a movie without checking his phone the whole time, and I see this is the case with many other people as well. Using technology to socialize is still socializing, you can make a connection with someone without ever having met them. I guess the biggest concern is how many people are developing bad social anxiety when they have to interact in person, as they are so used to doing it online.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I think human interaction is okay. It's more human attention I am worried about. I see a lot of my friends and people my age just can't do one thing anymore, they need to distract themselves. My roommate can't just sit and watch a TV show or a movie without checking his phone the whole time, and I see this is the case with many other people as well. Using technology to socialize is still socializing, you can make a connection with someone without ever having met them. I guess the biggest concern is how many people are developing bad social anxiety when they have to interact in person, as they are so used to doing it online.
It is true. The attention and quality time is missing. Even when we are with someone else, we need to be doing another thing(phoning/computing) at the same time.
That's normal nowadays... :(