Hulk Hogan Indicates That Rob Van Dam Has Signed With TNA

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I think its a decent signing. He's a big enough name, a former WWE champion, should have enough potential match ups that a large enough percentage of wrestling fans will want to see, that he should be value for TNA (depending on what he's paid of course)

3. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

THANK GOD!!! RVD is one of my all time favorites, so I'd be happy to see him back in any company. He'll be a great fit for TNA, I think.

If this happens my avatar will be changing pretty damn quick, lol.

4. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Apparantly TNA are fuming at Hogan leaking RVD joining as it was suppose to be a surprise for their first regular Monday show. Classic TNA there. Don't hype the fact you've signed a major star for a show, which would attract lots of fans who know/like him. Have it as a secret and then blow the surprise (and a potential larger rating) on having him show up unannounced. I know surprises are good and stuff, but it's dumb to not advertise someone who might actually bring in more viewers and just throw him away as a surprise to people who'd be watching regardless. They should be thanking Hogan for being logical; you know actually promoting a reason to watch the show!

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont know if it was that stupid of Hogan. I mean, you want people to have a reason to watch Impact, right? If people know RVD is going to be there they might get more people watching it live. Not enough for me personally but some people might!

6. Unity

I agree..they should have coupled it with some kind of Y2J-esque video teasers.

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

It should be rather interesting now, definitely gives TNA extra points from me to start watching it because RVD was one of my favorites.

8. Unity

Looking back, now that Monday Night "iMPACT!" is over, I agree even moreso that it was a dumb**s move by TNA not to promote RVD's return through the roof. Even if Jeff Hardy would have remained a surprise (although hyping his return would have helped ratings as well), it would have given 'on-the-fence' fans a reason to tune in.

By the way, compltely OT, but I freakin love Jeff Hardy's TNA theme music. I have no idea why. :)

9. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

RVD is so over already it's ridiculous. HUGE pop when he made his entrance and pinned Sting. Supposedly he wants to work a reduced schedule, which is a shame really. The more RVD on tv the better in my opinion!

10. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

To be fair everyone who debuts in TNA gets a huge pop...that's how those fans are. Hell, they'd pop for Al "the jobber" Snow! :lol:

Sorry, cheap shot. :D

wooly likes this.