• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hugely Popular Games You've Never Played

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
With The Witcher 3 being the most talked about game right now, it got me thinking about other major game series that I've never played.

And I'm talking about NEVER played, never touched a single one. For example, I have not played much of Mass Effect, but I did play about 3 hours of the first game a few years ago, so that doesn't count.

But some of the most popular game series I know that I've never touched are:

Call of Duty
Halo
The Witcher Series
Diablo
Battlefield
Anything with Kirby in it
FIFA
Metal Gear Solid

How about you? Are there any major big name games or game series you've never played?

Konshentz

Konshentz
There aren't many games that I haven't played, not even for a second. It took me a while to come up with a list of games/series that were super popular with my friends growing up, that I just had no interest in. Here are those 5...

Pokémon
FIFA
Guitar Hero
Mega Man
World of Warcraft

FIFA will be knocked off the list soon, as I just recently added it to my Gamefly Q. Will I like it? Well, that's an entirely different story. Haha.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
But some of the most popular game series I know that I've never touched are:

The Witcher Series
Diablo
Battlefield
Metal Gear Solid
I've never played any of those.

Also...

World of Warcraft
League of Legends
Counter-Strike
Mass Effect

I don't know, there's a ton of stuff I've never played. Lots of popular RPGs since I never play RPGs. And also most of the popular games that were exclusive to Playstation consoles.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
FIFA will be knocked off the list soon, as I just recently added it to my Gamefly Q. Will I like it? Well, that's an entirely different story. Haha.
If you like soccer then you'll definitely like FIFA. It's probably the only series that EA actually does a good job on, although I haven't played any of their NHL games in probably 10 years.

I have FIFA 13. I didn't play it a ton, but the gameplay is very deep and complex, and the sheer number of teams and different leagues is impressive.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm not a fan of soccer, at least not watching it. I struggled to keep up with it when the World Cup was going. Having said that, I felt pretty much the same way about baseball a few years back and really enjoyed MLB: The Show. So, I'm hoping I have a similar experience with this series. And if I end up hating it, well, at least I gave it a shot and crossed another one of my never played list.

dDave

V.I.P.
FIFA is a lot of fun. It's one of the only sports games that I enjoy, it's really fun when playing with friends.

Popular games I have not played...

-Grand Theft Auto
-MineCraft (seen lots of videos and watched other people play)
-Diablo
-The Sims
-Metal Gear Solid
-Gears of War
-Kirby
-Monster Hunter
-Little Big Planet
-Rayman
-Pikmin
-Resident Evil
-Uncharted
-Assassins Creed
-Bayonetta

World of Warcraft
League of Legends
Counter-Strike
Mass Effect
Not one of those? You really need to get out more. lol.

This page was especially helpful in reminding me of games I have not played. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

Konshentz

Konshentz
Not one of those? You really need to get out more. lol.
Says the guy who hasn't played Resident Evil or Grand Theft Auto! Haha.

And yeah, that's the link I used as well.

Mass Effect was on this list for a long time. I had avoided for a couple reasons, one I dislike the space setting and the other I didn't have the right console. I'm definitely glad I gave it a shot. Absolutely loved that trilogy. Hoping 4 doesn't disappoint.

League of Legends, Minecraft and Counter-Strike can be added to mine. First are definitely not my thing and Counter-Strike because it seems very PC and that's not my jam.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Dave I also went to a list of best-selling games to help remind me.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't played a lot of major titles here!

Counter Strike is actually one of the only FPS I have played, since I never played Halo, COD, Battlefield etc.
I didn't mind CS when I played it, I'm thinking of starting it again some time.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I haven't played any of the newer battlefields. I've never played World of Warcraft. Never played Uncharted. There's probably a ton more haha. I haven't really bought anything except Call of Duty or NHL in the last couple years.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Biggest one for me is probably Mass Effect. I keep trying but I just can't get past the first few hours of the first game, it's like fucking dental surgery for me.

I also never got into League or DoTA and I see people losing their shit over those games. I guess it's a good thing I never did.