How'd your parents screw you up?

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
The title says it all. Come here and post about how your parents screwed you up. Mine did this by sending me to a German kindergarten. I didn't speak a word of German and years later I found out that they wouldn't talk to me there not because they hated me, but because I was just that crazy foreign kid. Also, when the Nintendo ^$ first came out, I got it. My grandmother gave it to me as a gift. They hid it and didn't give it to me untill around the time of the Xbox.

So, what's your damage?

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
Minimal damage here, grew pretty much 1/2 my life with my mom and sister, then around age 14 my mom met my now step dad so my teen years I had my mom and a good influence with my step dad. Most of my screwing up is self inflicted I think.

Blueyes

Registered Member
That is such a loaded question you have no idea. I guess the biggest thing was the fact that I was NOT allowed to even be in my weight class growing up. I remember specifically one time I had a bologna and mustard sandwich because that how I rolled when I was a kid and I was still hungry (we weren't allowed any sodas, candy, junk food) and asked for another sandwich and the response I got was "How fat do you want to be?" That scars a kid. I graduated high school at 5'8" at 105 lbs and my twin was about 100 lbs if that.

redsoxocd

living on the border
um, I have way to much to list so I'll just post what happend to me in the womb: alcohol, weed, cigarretes.

I could go on and on about everything that has happened since day 1 but i'mma chose not to

Iris

rainbow 11!
My mom was an alcoholic growing up, she's binge drinker now. While growing up she ignored me, and I wanted to be a mama's girl. So I kept trying to get her to take me to the store for anything I would need, hang out with her, blah blah. But she'd either go out, send me to my room when she'd have friends over, or just flat out drink/pass out and leave the mess for my sister, who was about my age at the time.

Theeeeeeen my dad would ignore it so I got confused easily, I couldn't tell what was right and wrong, still have that trouble at times.

Uhmmmm, now they go through times where they don't care, then something minuscule will happen and they suddenly do care.

Last edited:

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
My parents pushed my really hard in school. They expected me to get straight A's, and put a lot of pressure on me. By the time I was in middle school, I was so worried about school and my grades that I would get stomach aches before I got to class, literally sick with worry. I started to expect perfection from myself as well and eventually developed a pretty severe anxiety disorder. Finally, a few years ago, I learned to relax and go with the flow and got over my anxiety. In some ways I overcompensated though and stopped caring about things that maybe I should have. Oh well!

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
5'8 105 pounds? 5'10'' 120. Not sure if it beats that, but I know I'm skinny as fuck. My parents push me close to as hard as they push you, Ninja, but it's A's and B's. But with me it was more about the getting into trouble. In fifth grade my dad said "If you get one more ASD (after school detention) we're going to hold you back a year." And that's why to this day I freak out every time I see a teacher walking towards me with any kind of paper in their hand. Sad excuse to be crazy, but oh well.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
My parents were always all over my weight despite the fact that I was a little skinny thing. that caused a lot of problems. I also had to deal with the pressure to be perfect in school and perfect in everything. Mistakes came with HUGE punishments, even the smallest ones

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Minimal damage for me too. I guess the only thing that was wrong was being overprotective, but I didn't feel like I was overprotected either. I think I was just a bad kid.