• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How YouTube saved me

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Back in the Spring of 2001 after a lot of the good shows--cartoons in particular-- started to go off the air, I started to lose interest in television:cry:, I even got angry.:rant:

But in the Summer of 2006, my sister introduced me to YouTube, which very much had every show, movie, and cartoon from past to present.:lick: Man, it even showed commercials from the past! :D There were a lot of stuff that I hadn't seen in over a decade, including my personal favorite Canadian cartoon, The Raccoons. :D

Bliss

Sally Twit
I agree. I've been able to watch shows on there I never thought I'd see again. Youtube is a great way to relive your childhood memories.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I love YouTube. I watch it way, way, way, more than TV. About 99% more.

Don't really watch tv shows on there though. More like vloggers and baking youtubers etc. But I agree, it is so cool how all the old nostalgic stuff can be found there.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I enjoy watching Youtube, but frequently can't find the shows I want, or they're poor quality and/or broken up into too many segments. I don't tend to surf around aimlessly on Youtube. Just too many things I don't want to watch.

My main use for Youtube is actually listening to music. I basically use it instead of radio/CDs/etc

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I am with Wade on this, too many TV shows/movies are broken in pieces and it's just a hassle waiting for them to load whereas it would be great to put one whole movie up there and while I am watching it, the rest of it loads. I don't even use YouTube as much as I used to, it just doesn't interest me anymore.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I wish I had more time for Youtube. I need to catch up on My Drunk Kitchen. I love that show. I also have a friend that uploads his own videos, so I really should watch those too. Maybe someday, when I have less things to do.

Like the previous 2 posts, right now I use it mostly to listen to music, but only when I'm doing something else. And usually I don't watch it, I just have it on while I'm doing something else, mostly at work.