How would you use it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nightsurfer, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi all

Here is the question I have for you.

What would you do if you were given $30,000.00 (that you never have to pay back)to open up some type of a small business, what type of a small business would you open up, and why would you chose that particular business to go into?

Now keep in mind that it has to be a legit business.

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I'm thinking.... comic shop. |:>

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

A gun store with a regular FFL and a Class III gun license to sell firearms :)

4. LadyPinky

LadyPinky scientia potestas est

Coffee shop or Bakery. People are always willing to pay for th convenience of not having to make coffee or bake cookies themselves.

5. Nightsurfer

That's a good idea but it costs over $90,000,00-175,000,00 to open up a comic shop. (Trust me on that) a coffee shop will cost you around 65,000,00-85,000,00 to start up. (I looked into that too)

Keep in mind that you will be starting small, also keep in mind that if you choose a retail outlet 30% of your money just went into the building,sign,phones,electric,and misc stuff. That's not even counting your inventory.

So this is not an easy answer. This is your one shot to be your own boss.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  6. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Awww....

Well it's not exactly cheaper to get into games. Unless you're not counting funding to develop the game.

are you?

7. Nightsurfer

Funding the game is kind of cheating, good idea tho (but even riskier than opening a comic shop)so for the sake of this discussion I would have to say No, you can't back a Game, movie, or Band.

Be creative. What can you do as a business with $30,000,00 start up money.

8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Ohh. How about a clothing line?

I like that idea. Something small of course, we could be located in one of the people's houses at first, and use conventions as a start off point.

9. Nightsurfer

Yes you can do that..Now here is another question? (BTW I like your idea)
    Is this a custom costume shop/Dealers Booth?

10. Blur

Blur iPimp

Id buy a shitload of quality studio hardware and software and use whatevers left for intense advertising all over popular internet sites and local radio stations to get my shit heard. Once I get the attention of even 1 class C artist the snowball effect will take hold and my beats will soon become world known and I'll be straight bankin