How would you like to see groups set up?

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Mirage, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

By groups, I mean groups like the Pirates/Sith, and whatnot that FC had.

I'm open to all ideas, so feel free to toss your ideas out in this thread.

Also, I might be adding another group to the mix, but haven't decided yet. The big thing is what will groups do, what will they be for, etc. Just for fun, or something a bit more? Up to you guys.

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I have been waiting for this thread.

Groups could be set up so that members in the group have an icon of symbol either in their sig or by their avatar.

Could we have our own private forums to message in? For our "activities".

Would the group leader be able to "mod" that forum example stickies or something like that?

I will say one of the main reasons I was excited about the merge was the group function.

I am sure I will think of more.

3. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Yes an icon above the avatar would be cool, but I am fine without it.

I think each group should have their own subforum that can be private or public. Doesn't matter to me. Really just our own sections I think is the important thing.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Something like the male/female icon that shows up beside our usernames.

There could maybe be another category under our avatar along with the "posts:", "Contest points", etc.

also maybe a "Neutral group?" or something along those lines?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's kind of how I was envisioning the groups setup oxy. But the other question is what exactly will be the benefit of joining a group and who should be able to do it?

6. neum985

neum985 I pwn noobs

Im confused what the hell are these groups?

7. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Anyone should be able to join, but let the leader of the group accept/reject people if they so choose.

I agree with Swift, our own private forums would be awesome. The leader should be able to do small things like create stickies and stuff.

w00t I've been waiting on this.

8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

x2

make the leader mod or their private forum.

9. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I think only the leader should be able to accept requests to join. Or at least they would need to approve it.

10. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I agree that the leader should be the one who decides who's in or not, but I think there should also be a way to have multiple leaders.