How would you handle this?

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by pikachu1, Mar 29, 2008.

1. pikachu1

pikachu1 Registered Member

This happened to me but I would like to know how you would handle this so maybe it could help me out.

You haven't been able to find a job in 3 months, your car got taken since you couldn't make payments, you have to move out and find a new place cause you can't pay the rent but you can't stay with parents or siblings, and your license got taken away for too many parking tickets which you can't pay since you have no money.

I can't figure out how to handle this. How would you?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you have any friends you can move in with?

3. pikachu1

Nope. All my friends are either away at college or live with their parents, so there is no real way I can stay with any of them since then I would be a burden to their families.

4. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I would get a couple part time jobs to pay the bills until I was able to find a full time one.

5. pikachu1

I've tried to find any job in my area to get money but it seems no one wants to hire me cause i'm 20 and only had 1 job before and that was only a summer job for 4 months.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Try to get a job in sales or telemarketing. Those jobs are generally easier to get because of their high turnover rate. They will train you and even if you don't like the job at least you can keep it for a while to build a resume.

7. pikachu1

The thing is I have no car or license right now, so how am i gonna get to the job? Or can you do sales/telemarketing from home?

8. padd

padd Registered Member

take the bus

9. pikachu1

theres only one city bus that is even remotely near where I live and it only goes to 4 places- my school, Wal-mart, some apartments, and a clinic. No where on the little pamphlet with the schedule does it mention when it goes to the bus terminal.