How would you book The Rock vs HBK?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Unfortunately these two wrestlers never wrestled against each other, they had a few encounters:

1st Smackdown where HBK screwed Rock out of the WWF Title and gave him Sweet Chin Music when he was about to deliver the People's Elbow to Triple H.

They also had an encounter at Judgement Day in 2000. How would you have treated the feud leading up to a Wrestlemania match whether it was face vs. heel or face vs. face?

I would do a heel HBK vs. face Rock because the personalities, promos, and overall feud would spell awesomeness. This match could only take place at a WrestleMania and present a classic.

Thoughts?

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Hmm, I'll have to dig out my Judgment Day 2000 tapes and review that encounter. Never a fan of Michaels, I don't remember that incident or even the associated story arc.

3. Babe_Ruth

4. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Hell's bells, now I want to watch the whole tape, haha. Yeah, the ref's shirt jogged my memory a bit. Thanks for digging up that clip.

5. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

How would I book it? I would book The Rock to win a complete squash in 3 minutes. Take that Michaels you wanker that's for screwing Bret.

6. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I would build it up when the rock hosts raw, where Shawn Michaels comes out to openly challenge the rock or some random promo where Shawn Michaels breaks something thats valuable to the rock...or something to do with his family.

7. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

i'd have michaels go over in a heartbeat...not just because i dislike the rock but because michaels is the best wrestler ive ever seen...

8. Babe_Ruth

I forgot to make clear, I'm not talking about how you would book them, but back then when both of them where in their primes?

That's an interesting statement Kratz, but I have to disagree with you, HBK is a tremendous wrestler but I wouldn't put him near the top. But each are entitled to their own opinions.

9. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

there is no wrestler in the history of wrestling i would want in my main evnt other then shawn michaels...

he's a spot light wrestler...

he shines in the moment...

hell, hes mr wrestlemania...

nobody out performs him on the main stage!

Back then it would be different bc the Rock was a huge star and Shawn was just coming off injury...I'd still have Shawn go over:cool:

10. Babe_Ruth

Personally I believe Bret Hart is a better overall wrestler than Shawn Michaels. He doesn't do the flying stuff that Shawn Michaels does in the ring, but he's a technical genius. He rarely screws up, I've only seen him screw up a couple of times, he never injured anyone his career, the sharpshooter is better than a side kick. His microphone skills weren't spectacular, but there not as bad as people make it out to be.

If I had to start a roster I would definitely take Bret over Shawn in a heartbeat.