• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How would you book Jericho's return?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I truly believe that Jericho will make a return to the WWE. Eventually he'll watch it on television and say "Man, I miss this." Anyway, how would you book his return? Would you have him be a heel or a face? Would he be in the world title picture right away? Which brand would you put him on? Would you make another sort of countdown that we are accustomed too, or would you make it a total surprise? Like show up on Raw out of the blue.

Throw your ideas!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
When watching the documentary part of his DVD on Netflix, I noted how he had said that the suit and tie Jericho was a reinvention of himself and that he doesn't like to keep things going the same way for too long...that's why I think that the "Y2J" type of return won't happen a 3rd time.

If he was coming back tomorrow, I'd say have him be the Raw GM. There are a few good ways to write it, but he could say that he's still been watching and emailing while he tours with Fozzy. He could be GM for a few weeks and transition back into wrestling. Unlikely, but that's one way I'd book a return right now.

Part of me thought of just a random run-in or appearance, but he also said in the documentary that he doesn't like that basic run through the curtains, that he likes doing more cerebral things. That's why I can't really think of one, he'll probably be thinking of a more creative way! haha

Ziggy

Sup?
Jericho would be a great RAW GM.

But if he was returning I'd having him return as a Heel, he was always a great heel. I don't know whether you'd have him in the title picture straight away but he definitely deserves to be up there.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Jericho would be a great RAW GM.

But if he was returning I'd having him return as a Heel, he was always a great heel. I don't know whether you'd have him in the title picture straight away but he definitely deserves to be up there.
With Jericho it's tough as far as returning as a heel...he'd have to come back really soon for that to be effective in my mind. He can get any crowd against him, but all wrestling fans miss him. So it'll be a strange balance between his skills to get boos versus the wrestling fans that missed him...you already see come back Jericho signs and hear the occasional chant. He likes being a heel better, though, so it could work.

I think him going straight to the title is a great idea, but I also understand them taking a few months after his return to get him towards that goal. Re-introduction to new fans usually needs to happen, as well as phasing out current contenders.

Ziggy

Sup?
With Jericho it's tough as far as returning as a heel...he'd have to come back really soon for that to be effective in my mind. He can get any crowd against him, but all wrestling fans miss him. So it'll be a strange balance between his skills to get boos versus the wrestling fans that missed him...you already see come back Jericho signs and hear the occasional chant. He likes being a heel better, though, so it could work.
Chris Jericho, who all the fans want to return, continues teasing about a comeback. It keeps getting talked up and up.

Then one night, possibly a PPV or maybe just a special RAW, whoever the biggest face is being attacked. Out comes Jericho to a huge applause, he runs off the baddies (Because they're bad) and shakes hands with the big face then cheap shots him and goes on a tirade about how he couldn't sit idly by while the business he loves so much is being headed by someone like them (I assume it would be Cena).

Fans suck.

Blah blah blah. Throw in some Chris Jericho vocabulary and there you go. He's hated.