How will Owens do?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think by now everyone knows that I'm a huge fan of Terrell Owens. I'm a Cowboys fan and I am pretty mad that Dallas got rid of him. Him and Romo might of not gotten along at the end, but I think they could of work things out.

Now my question is this, how do you think Owens is going to do in Buffalo this upcoming season?

Now this barring injury of course.

I think that he's going to put up great numbers, have close to 1200 receiving yards and around 12-16 touchdowns. He'll get a lot of double/triple coverage but I think that Edwards will be able to find him. I think that he wants to prove to people that he can still get the job done. Owens is getting a bit older and people think he's a past his prime. Personally I disagree with them and has does he obviously.

The biggest question is will he blow up like he did on his past teams? Right now it's to early to tell, I think a lot of the passing plays will be run for him and Evans, so I think he should get enough passes thrown to him to make him happy.

But this is definitely a story to watch for this upcoming season.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

They signed him to a one year deal, right? He should be great. He'll put up great numbers, maybe 80-90 catches with about 1200 yards and 14 TD's. Then the Bills will resign him to a multiyear deal with guaranteed money and he'll split the locker room in half, talk about how he think Trent Edwards is gay and he'll be a free agent again.

Swiftstrike likes this.
  3. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Having Lee Evans on the other side of the field should be helpful for Owens and he's going to get the ball a ton.

Edwards is a solid QB and I think TO is going to have a very good year. He's got something to prove and when TO is motivated I think you'll see him shine.

Blueyes likes this.
  4. Babe_Ruth

Yeah they signed him for one year worth six million dollars.

I see that your not a fan of Owens. How can I say this right...I think Owens can be a good thing and a bad thing for a team. I'll use the Eagles for an example. When Owens played for the Eagles they went to the Super Bowl, even though they lost Owens was one of the biggest pieces of that team. McNabb finally had a good wide receiver to throw to. Since he left they haven't been there since and he hasn't had a good receiver since.

I think Romo is a good quarterback, but I don't think he'll have the same success without Owens. Don't get me wrong I believe he's going to put up great numbers, but not throwing to a great wide receiver like Owens will bring down your numbers.

Now on to the bad thing, it seems that Owens is a drama queen at times, if he doesn't get the ball he complains, if his quarterback isn't playing well he'll get angry. There's more things that happens in the locker room I am sure but we don't really know what happens in there.

I just think with a player with his abilities you take that chance. That's just my personal opinion though.

5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I'm skeptical of the Bills and Trent Edwards and T.O. is getting older so I'll be safe and say maybe 8 TDs at max. And hey, it'll be a case of TO vs. Randy Moss when they meet the Pats.

Blueyes likes this.
  6. Babe_Ruth

If healthy Owens is definitely catching more then eight touchdowns. I think ten is minimum to be honest with you.

I still believe that Owens is a better overall player than Moss but that might be because I am a bit bias.

One thing that I am really excited about Owens going to Buffalo is that he'll be playing a game in Toronto this season againt the Jets.

Blueyes likes this.
  7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Yeah, I gotta agree, TO keeps himself in phenominal shape and is a great player. With a team that has Evans and Parrish TO should get lots of looks. I can't see him with fewer than 10 TD's.

Blueyes likes this.
  8. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Yea, I concur he should do around 10 TDs and will do well overall should he get the chance to play as much as he wants as he does keep himself in good physical being but the attitude is another thing all together. Sure he will play nice for the first year but once this year is over and he gets signed the trouble is going to start in my opinion. Lookit what happened at Dallas. He does NOT like being overshadowed by others.

CaptainObvious likes this.
  9. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Owens isn't getting any younger at the position but he will still produce. The Bills are likely to have two tough situations that will prevent them from making the playoffs in the end:
    1. Keeping the QB on his feet.
    2. The division. No way they beat the Patriots, and if they split with the dolphins and Jets that's already 4 L's without even looking at the rest of the schedule.